(Natural News) Who would have thought that tiny, single-celled microalgae could hold the key to one of nature’s best-kept health secrets for boosting your overall strength, endurance, and stamina? Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble antioxidant created by single-celled microalgae that use this remarkable natural molecule to survive for years without food or water under harsh sunlight. This reddish pigment can provide extraordinary nutritional benefits that support healthy joints, skin, and heart health.
Like many other naturally occurring pigments, astaxanthin is a keto-carotenoid that belongs to the same family as beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein. However, other carotenoids pale in comparison to astaxanthin in many ways. Its free radical scavenging capability is at least ten times more powerful than other antioxidant carotenoids, earning astaxanthin the nickname “King of Carotenoids.” Additionally, astaxanthin has a unique molecular structure that allows it to move throughout your entire body while providing protection for all your cells – something not all antioxidants can do. (Related: Astaxanthin 101 – Nature’s Most Powerful Antioxidant.)
Aquatic animals such as shrimp, trout, and salmon consume large quantities of astaxanthin-rich microalgae, which give them their distinctive reddish or pinkish colors, along with enhanced vitality. Astaxanthin is truly one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants, as it is this antioxidant’s health-promoting properties that allow these organisms to sustain their strength, even in the most difficult conditions. In fact, astaxanthin gives salmon their ability to achieve marathon swimming feats, leaping up waterfalls against strong currents. With the help of astaxanthin, they become superstars of the aquatic world, performing incredible feats of physical strength and endurance.
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|
It’s not only animals that can benefit from the health-promoting qualities of astaxanthin. Humans can gain similar benefits from consuming brightly colored seafoods that are packed with astaxanthin or taking astaxanthin supplements. To get the most out of your antioxidant intake, be sure to consume astaxanthin with a healthy oil, such as coconut or ahiflower oil. Astaxanthin is fat-soluble, so the oil maximizes its distribution throughout your body.
Proven health benefits of astaxanthin
- Supports healthy joints and tendons: Astaxanthin boasts remarkably powerful antioxidant properties that support the optimal health of your joints and tendons.
- Supports healthy heart function: Many studies have explored the benefits of antioxidants for heart health. Antioxidants, such as astaxanthin, support healthy cardiovascular function by fighting oxidative stress in the heart and blood vessels.
- Supports optimal eye health: Similar to beta-carotene, astaxanthin promotes optimal eye health and function. As an antioxidant, it also protects your eyes from the harmful effects of oxidative stress.
- Supports optimal brain health: Regularly supplementing with astaxanthin promotes optimal brain health and supports healthy cognitive function already within the normal range.
- Supports a healthy immune system: Numerous studies show that antioxidants can aid your immune system in performing vital tasks efficiently. As a potent antioxidant, astaxanthin boosts the natural function of your immune system to help it protect your body against external threats.
- Aids skin recovery after sun exposure: Microalgae produce large quantities of astaxanthin to protect themselves from high UV exposure. Consuming these powerful antioxidants provides similar beneficial effects to your skin.
- Aids in recovery after exercise: Many athletes take astaxanthin to improve their energy levels after a strenuous workout. Its antioxidant properties also allow it to support the body’s natural endurance, stamina, and recovery from physical exertion.
- Combats oxidative stress: The potent antioxidant capabilities of astaxanthin can combat the effects of harmful free radicals, while also promoting overall health.
It is important to get high-quality astaxanthin from natural sources, not synthetic ones. Fortunately, Health Ranger’s Hawaiian Astaxanthin is derived from carefully grown freshwater microalgae in the pristine waters of Hawaii. It is also lab-tested by CWC Labs for heavy metals, microbiology, and glyphosate to ensure quality and purity.
For more information on the health benefits of Astaxanthin, visit Food.news.