(Natural News) There are no shortage of options to rejuvenate your body in the world of plants. Whether it is a vegetable, fruit, herb, seed, nut, or superfood, there are solutions to help you rejuvenate your body and increase your uptake of precious enzymes, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and other life supporting nutrients.
Getting a good dose of plants in on a daily basis can be a struggle for some people, due to busy schedules and resistance to overhauling habits. If this is the case for you, there are always great options to get the most powerful plant based foods into a simple, single meal with little time invested. You will learn how to do that below, with these four plants leading the way.
One of the most nutritious parts of the cannabis plant is the seeds. These precious little gems contain negligible amounts of THC, and as such will not create psychoactive reactions due to minuscule amounts. However, due to their incredible nutritional profile they are a boon to anyone looking to improve their health. When you consume hemps seeds, you can expect to get the following:
- 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids your body can’t produce
- Essential fatty acids (EFAs)
- Optimal ratio of omega-3s to omega-6s (1:3)
- Gamma-linolenic acid
- Antioxidants, plant sterols, and phytonutrients
- Vitamin E
- Manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and zinc
- Dietary fiber
Thanks to this potent combination of nutrients, hemp seeds have been shown to support a healthy immune system, cardiovascular system, brain function, skin health, and digestive health.
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|
Used by the Aztecs and Mayans, this seed was considered more valuable than gold and was used to create energy and stamina before going into a big battle or hunt. These days, we have a much more comprehensive understanding of this powerful seed, and the nutrition it provides. Take a look at this incredible nutrient profile:
- Excellent source of fiber, with 42 percent of the RDA in a 100 gram serving
- Good source of prebiotics (food for beneficial probiotics to grow)
- Twenty-one percent complete protein
- Excellent source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Good source of vitamins A, B, E, and D
- High in manganese, phosphorus, iron, and calcium
- 3x more antioxidants than an equal serving of blueberries
Due to this synergistic combination of nutrients, chia has been shown to support healthy blood sugar levels, digestion, cardiovascular health, energy and endurance, and weight loss goals when accompanied by a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Arguably the most nutritious superfood on the planet, this potent algae has so many beneficial qualities that it should be a strong consideration for anyone looking to improve or maintain their health. When you get a good source of chlorella, you can expect to get the following nutrients:
- The entire vitamin B complex, as well as vitamins A, C, D, E, and K.
- Iron, zinc, magnesium phosphorus, calcium, and potassium
- Beta carotene, lutein, and polysaccharides (antioxidants)
- Complete protein (58 percent of weight)
- Essential fatty acids (EFAs) including gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
Chlorella helps support healthy digestion, immunity, energy production, joint health, and heart health.
Not quite mainstream, medicinal mushrooms are some of the greatest gifts from nature that haven’t been fully discovered. Don’t confuse these with your typical culinary mushrooms, as many medicinal mushrooms are hard and woody, and don’t have a practical food application. However, that doesn’t have to stop you from getting them into your diet in a simple way to introduce the multitude of benefits. Some of their nutritional assets include:
- Rich in potassium, niacin, calcium, selenium, magnesium, copper, and phosphorus
- Good source of B-vitamins
- Very high in antioxidants
- Excellent source of beta-glucans, polysaccharides, and triterpenes
The key behind medicinal mushrooms (reishi, chaga, cordyceps, etc.) is their adaptogenic behavior, which is incredibly beneficial for various areas of the body. They are known to support a healthy immune system (under-active or overactive), liver function, cardiovascular system, digestion, and adrenal function.
All of these sources (when not contaminated) are very alkaline in nature and nutritious, and can provide exceptional support for rejuvenation of the body.
For more information on superfoods, visit Superfoods.news.
You can get each of these individually and look to work them into smoothies and other beverages, or you can get them all in one convenient powder for ease of use. A very popular source of these four plant-based foods is the Health Ranger’s Organic Hemp Juvenate, which combines the finest of these four ingredients, and are all lab-verified to be low in heavy metals. Feel free to get some here, before the supply runs out!