(NaturalNews) Amla has been used by people for some time now. This plant, considered a miracle drug by some, contains a lot of health-giving ingredients that should appeal to anyone and everyone. In fact, there are a good number of people who look to get their daily fix of this natural herb, but what is the buzz behind Amla? Here is a list of some of its best health benefits.
Eight health benefits of taking Amla
1. Rich in Vitamin C - Vitamin C is one of the most popular ingredients in health supplements everywhere, and Amla contains a boatload of this vitamin. An effective antioxidant that also doubles as an immune system booster, this herb provides a potent dose of Vitamin C.
2. High in Antioxidants - Antioxidants are needed by the body. These remove free radicals that can have numerous detrimental effects on health. By eliminating free radicals, you provide protection for your cells, reducing the signs of aging and the risk of developing cancer.
3. Improves digestion - There are many ways in which improved digestion can improve the overall health of an individual. It reduces the overall acidity of the digestive system, reduces pain, improves absorption, and protects the stomach from potential damage. What's more, its action is gentler than that of other herbal treatments such as ginger.
4. Gives the urinary system a boost - Keeping your urinary system functional is a boon for your health. This is because by keeping it healthy, you effectively flush out toxins from the inside. More importantly, Amla
does it without overstimulating your urinary tract, which can cause undesirable effects such as too much urination and even dehydration.
5. It strengthens the liver - The liver plays a huge role in the body because of its detoxifying abilities. Amla is linked to both strengthening the function of your liver while protecting it from potentially destructive elements. So if you want to keep your liver healthy, you can't go wrong with this herbal product.
6. Anti-inflammatory properties - There are many pains, aches, and conditions that are linked to inflammation. While this is a natural
body reaction, there are times when excessive inflammation can be damaging. Amla has the unique ability to keep inflammations from worsening.
7. Relief from menstrual cramps - Menstrual cramps are some of the worst things that women experience during that time of the month. Amla is best taken a few weeks before your period as it allows the herb to be in your system long enough to take effect.
8. A more radiant look - Everyone is looking for that extra edge in the looks department. You'll get exactly that by taking Amla. It has been clinically proven to make the skin both healthy and more vibrant.
Even with its many benefits and its being derived entirely from nature, Amla must not be regarded as a supplement you can consume casually. It is recommended that you consult first with a doctor or any other qualified health
practitioner to determine if you have any bodily conditions that could prevent you from enjoying the full range of benefits that Amla provides.Sources for this article include:http://idiva.com/news-health/why-amla-is-good-for-you/3765http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-1040.htmlhttp://www.exhibithealth.comAbout the author:
Sandeep is an mountain climber, runner, and fitness coach. He shares his tips for staying in shape and eating healthy on quickeasyfit.
More articles from Sandeep:The eight best foods for your heart healthTop inflammatory foods to avoid eatingThe top six better substitutes for sugarTop five ways to get more vitamin D in your diet