(NaturalNews) Zeolite is a naturally forming microporous, aluminosilicate mineral combination that is found in rock deposits around the world. Zeolite comes from the Greek word for 'boiling stones' as they emit steam when heated. Zeolites have a very strong affinity for pulling out toxic debris from water, clothing, and within the body. Zeolites are considered one of nature's finest detoxifying elements.
Zeolites naturally form when fresh groundwater or sea water reacts with volcanic ash and takes anywhere from 50 to 10,000 years to complete formation. Synthetic zeolites can also be produced much faster and in a more uniform fashion. Zeolites are traditionally used in water filtration, refrigeration, construction, and aquariums.
Zeolites are unique groupings of minerals with a 4-sided honeycomb structure and a negative magnetic charge. This distinctive structure allows zeolite to have a strong osmotic gradient to capture positively charged heavy metals, environmental toxins, and free radicals. Zeolite has small cavities that contain these negatively charged compounds that strongly attract and capture toxins and free radicals.
Once zeolite captures toxins it then holds them with its magnetic energy until they are excreted out of the body through normal digestion. Approximately 60% of the excretion leaves through the urine and 40% through fecal matter.
Zeolites help remove heavy metals
Zeolites are effective at adsorbing heavy metals such as mercury, lead, aluminum, cadmium, and arsenic. These toxins are quickly accumulating in our bodies in the 21st century due to our overuse of chemicals in our food, household products, personal hygiene products, water, and medical treatments. These heavy metals are highly toxic and create massive free radical stress in the brain, liver, kidneys, and gut.
Zeolite has been shown to create an osmotic effect that helps pull these metals out of the tissue structure and into the zeolite matrix. It is a slow and steady process that should be applied daily. Continually dislodging and removing heavy metals is absolutely essential for optimal health.
Most antioxidants act by donating an electron to neutralize a free radical. However, zeolite neutralizes free radicals by trapping them in its complex structure which effectively inactivates and eliminates them. When meat is cooked at high temps and particularly when it is burned it produces dangerous heterocyclic amines and nitrosamines. These are highly carcinogenic free radicals.
Zeolite has been shown to be extremely effective at removing these free radicals from the body. Zeolites also trap microbes such as pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and yeasts into their matrix where they are eliminated through the bowels and urine. It also grabs hold of xenoestrogenic molecules from plastics, pesticides, and herbicides.
Zeolite is great to have as part of a water filtration system because it helps remove toxins and excess H+ that contribute to an acidic state. Acidic water can have inflammatory effects in the body while neutral or slightly alkaline water has been shown to have significant health benefits. Zeolites has been shown to be 100% safe and non-toxic by the FDA. This unique mineral has no positively charged fibrous particulates that are non-carcinogenic. They are very similar to clay and activated charcoal in function however zeolite appears to have stronger anti-oxidant effects.
Consuming clay, activated carbon, zeolite minerals, and other earth compounds is an ancient practice. All pre-industrialized cultures practice this regularly as do many animals. It is not uncommon to see birds, cats, dogs, etc. licking clay, rocks, and ash. This is termed 'geophagy' and has been observed in archeological sites from thousands of years ago. Some would say that a diet not consisting of these earth minerals would be unnatural.
About the author: Dr David Jockers is a Maximized Living doctor and owns and operates Exodus Health Center in Kennesaw, Georgia where he specializes in functional nutrition, functional medicine and corrective chiropractic care to get to the underlying cause of major health problems.
His website features great articles on natural health and incredible recipes. He is the author of the best-selling book SuperCharge Your Brain - the complete guide to radically improve your mood, memory and mindset. He has over 36,000 active followers on his social media and email newsletter and is a big influencer in the Primal Health movement.
Dr. Jockers is also available for long distance consultations and health coaching to help you beat disease and reach your health goals. For more information got to www.drjockers.com