(Natural New) An old Ayurvedic (ancient Indian medicine) proverb says: "When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use; when diet is correct, medicine is of no need." It's tragically ironic that one of nature's most medicinal foods is under attack - pure raw milk. But one of its most magical ingredients, lactoferrin
, is now available in FDA approved supplement form.Lactoferrin Sources
Lactoferrin has its highest content in mother's first milk from human breast feeding or colostrum (first milk) from cows. The cows need to be humanely raised and grass or alfalfa fed. Those cows should also be free from antibiotic and hormone injections.
The milk needs to be pure and clean, but not pasteurized. Heat destroys most of milk's beneficial nutrients, enzymes, and microbes. Many health experts consider pasteurized milk toxic.
Lactoferrin remains in cow's milk after the baby calf's early nursing period, but in lower concentrations. Circa 1960, a method of extracting pure lactoferrin was created, and the studies began, which have led to finding a plethora of health benefits.
Thus a new supplement has been created and is available on line and in some health food stores. Lactoferrin supplements are even approved by the same FDA that attacks raw milk production and sales. Go figure.
So if obtaining colostrum or raw milk is prohibitive for financial or legal reasons, you can order lactoferrin contained in capsules from your favorite online supplement source, where better prices are available.Here are seven reasons why you should consider this option.Lactoferrin Benefits
(1) As "first milk" for human and bovine infants, lactoferrin
confers increased immunity protection to support their not fully developed immune systems. It's part of the cytokine family, providing an immune booster for anyone. Cytokines coordinate appropriate cellular chemical responses to pathogenic invasions or other unusual activity.
(2) Concentrated enough in one's blood, lactoferrin is antiviral, antibacterial (to only the bad bacteria), and anti-fungal. It also kills parasites.
(3) Lactoferrin is able to crack the cell walls of bacteria with tough outer cell walls, which are able to evade some antibiotics. This could be helpful for someone who has a difficult bacterial infection and wishes to avoid long term antibiotic use.
(4) Lactoferrin slows or prevents tumor growth. It modulates cell growth.
(5) Lactoferrin speeds up recovery from diseases, especially infectious diseases.
(6) Lactoferrin is an antioxidant. It scavenges free radicals from iron while ensuring cells are getting sufficient iron nutrition.
(7) According to recent research, lactoferrin can prevent or reverse osteoporosis
without the dangerous side effects of bisphosphonate drugs. There are many reports of bones breaking too easily after using Big Pharma's bisphosphonate drugs for osteoporosis.
All of these benefits and more are without negative side effects. Beneficial bacteria are preserved and enhanced while destroying harmful bacteria. And the same supplement is also antiviral and antifungal.
It's a concentrated immune enhancer. In today's toxic world, lactoferrin goes a long way to help create and maintain good health. If you're able to enjoy raw milk
and especially colostrum, you now know more reasons why you're better off than those who don't have the right to do so.
And if you're not in a raw milk loop, or if the FDA and USDA get their way eventually, at least we all know there is one option left: Lactoferrin supplements.
Sources include:http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/lactoferrin_T3.htmlhttp://www.raw-milk-facts.com/lactoferrin_T3.htmlhttp://www.healthiertalk.com/reverse-osteoporosis-simply-drinking-lac...http://www.primaryinfo.com/lactoferrin.htmAbout the author:
Paul Fassa is dedicated to warning others about the current corruption of food and medicine and guiding others toward a direction for better health with no restrictions on health freedom. You can visit his blog at http://healthmaven.blogspot.com
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.