(NaturalNews) Asparagus is a springtime vegetable that is versatile and uniquely delicious. Buying it this time of year is best as it is fresh and particularly nutritious, since it is in season. Studies show that asparagus balances insulin levels, which means that it powerfully prevents diabetes. Ensuring that our insulin levels are stable is one of the most important things we can do for our health. It allows us to live long and feel good. Its unique mineral profile makes it an effective natural diuretic. Natural diuretics promote the formation of urine in the kidneys, aiding in detoxification and cleansing.
Asparagus is also a powerful aphrodisiac and one of the best foods to increase libido. Just check out its shape.
Asparagus is also one of the only vegetables to contain inulin, which feeds friendly bacteria that live in the large intestine. This makes it a great food for preventing yeast overgrowth, and it generally keeps the digestive system and belly well.
Asparagus contains loads of folate. Among other health benefits, folate is essential for pre conception and the early stages of pregnancy. Asparagus' high level of this mineral means that is can reduce the risk of birth defects and helps the nervous system develop beautifully.
Here are some other benefits that make asparagus one of the best super foods on the planet.
* Great for your heart
* Asparagus fights depression and puts you in a good mood
* Gets rid of warts by eating one of the best super foods on the planet!
* Asparagus lowers cholesterol
* Stimulates milk production in nursing mothers
* It is a potent antioxidant
* Is antifungal and antiviral
* Your kidneys will love asparagus... it helps cleanse the body and prevent kidney stones
* Asparagus prevents bladder and urinary tract infections
* Helps with treating HIV
* Helps prevent multiple sclerosis
* Asparagus contains anti cancer properties and is especially powerful in preventing lung cancer
* Is energizing and fights chronic fatigue syndrome
* Asparagus will lower blood pressure naturally
* Asparagus is top of the list of alkaline foods
* Asparagus stimulates hair production and is one of the best super foods for balding.
So as it is spring time, it is the perfect time of year to get out and find some locally grown, preferably organic asparagus. It is delectable finely chopped in salads, barbecued with mustard, or lightly steamed.
About the author
Sheryl is a kinesiologist, nutritionist and holistic practitioner. Her website www.younglivingguide.com provides the latest research on preventing disease, looking naturally gorgeous, and feeling emotionally and physically fabulous. You can also find some of the most powerful super foods on the planet including raw chocolate, purple corn, and many others.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com