(Natural News) Researchers at the China Medical University in Taiwan and the University of Chicago discussed the theory of Chinese medicine and its application in the treatment of acute and critical medical conditions, including epidemics. Their review was published in The American Journal of Chinese Medicine.
- In developed nations and Eastern countries, western medicine is routinely used for treatment while traditional medicine is only used by a select few as a complement to modern medicines.
- But research shows Chinese medicine can also be an effective treatment for chronic diseases, especially in cases when western medicine fails to produce the desired results.
- Many studies have also demonstrated how Chinese medicine can be useful in the management of acute and critical illnesses.
- Chinese medicine has a holistic view of the human body and emphasizes individualization based on body balance and mind-body interactions.
- Some of the most frequently employed therapies in Chinese medicine are herbal medicines and acupuncture.
- The researchers explored the use of this ancient therapy as a complementary medicine in modern times, particularly for the management of serious medical conditions, such as SARS, acute heart diseases and ischemic cerebral stroke.
The researchers also believe that well-designed controlled clinical trials are urgently needed to prove the safety and effectiveness of Chinese medicine, as well as to promote its application.
Luo Y, Wang CZ, Hesse-Fong J, Lin JG, Yuan CS. APPLICATION OF CHINESE MEDICINE IN ACUTE AND CRITICAL MEDICAL CONDITIONS. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2019;47(06):1223–1235. DOI: 10.1142/s0192415x19500629