- It offers many nutrients – When pureed with the skin, cucumber is a great source of vitamins K, A, and C. It also provides small amounts of folate and minerals like iron, phosphorus, potassium, and traces of selenium. Additionally, cucumber juice is low in calories and sodium and has no saturated fat and cholesterol.
- It fights inflammation – The nutrients in cucumber juice have anti-inflammatory properties, which can relieve inflammatory joint conditions like gout and arthritis pain.
- It keeps you hydrated – Cucumber juice keeps you hydrated because of its high-water content. Drinking cucumber juice also helps eliminate toxins in the body.
- It improves skin health – In addition to flushing out toxins in the body, cucumber juice improves skin health because of its vitamin C content. This vitamin plays an important role in the synthesis of collagen, a protein that builds skin elasticity and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Vitamin A also supports skin health.
- It regulates blood pressure – Cucumber juice is rich in potassium. This mineral helps with widening the blood vessels, which relieves the tension in the blood vessels and regulates blood pressure. Moreover, cucumber juice is also a good source of electrolytes, which keeps body fluids in balance.
- It improves blood sugar – The vitamin K in cucumber juice helps in improving blood sugar levels. It may also increase insulin sensitivity, according to studies by the American Diabetic Association. Cucumber juice may also prevent diabetes because of its potassium content. Low levels of potassium have been associated with an increased risk of diabetes.
- It reduces cholesterol – Drinking cucumber juice may be beneficial for people with high cholesterol. The juice contains plant sterols that may lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol and increase high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol. Because of this, it may also lower the risk of heart attacks.
- It may prevent cancer – Cucumber juice is rich in antioxidants such as vitamins A and C, lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol, which prevent and fight the growth of cancer cells. In addition, cucumbers contain compounds called cucurbitacins and lignans, which play a role in warding off cancer. In addition, cucumbers contain the flavonoid fisetin that might help in slowing the progression of prostate cancer, according to a study published in the Journal of Cancer Research.
- It supports bone health – Cucumber juice contains good amounts of calcium and potassium, which are essential minerals for bone health. These minerals improve bone structure and bone metabolism, as well as promote the production of bone-building enzymes.
- It maintains biochemical functions – Magnesium can also be found in cucumber juice. This mineral is important for normal muscle and nerve function, a normal heart rhythm, strong bones, and good immunity. It also plays a role in energy metabolism and protein synthesis. In addition, cucumber juice may have traces of copper, which can enhance biochemical functions. Copper also helps in producing neurotransmitters and healthy red blood cells, as well as in strengthening connective tissue and the immune system.
- It helps in weight loss – Drinking cucumber juice can help you achieve your weight loss goals. In addition to being low in calories and free of saturated fats, cucumber juice contains fiber that can help you feel full, improve bowel movements, and boost metabolism.
- It supports eye health – Drinking cucumber juice is good for the eyes because of its vitamin A content and compounds lutein and zeaxanthin – all of which are known to support eye health.
- It promotes hair growth – If you want healthy hair, drink cucumber juice. It contains good amounts of silicon and sulfur that prevents hair fall and keeps your hair healthy.
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|
Making cucumber juice is simple. Wash the cucumber properly, keeping it unpeeled and raw, then cut it into pieces and put them in a food blender. Add some water and puree it. Pour the puree through a strainer into a glass, then add honey and salt to taste.