(Natural News) Moringa leaf powder comes from the Moringa oleifera tree, which is also known as the “miracle tree,” since nearly every part of the tree can be used as a source of nutrition. Moringa has been around for at least 4,000 years, with ancient civilizations using it for its various medicinal qualities. Today, many scientists believe that moringa leaves could be one of the most nutrient-dense superfoods ever discovered.
The leaves are the most potent and antioxidant-rich part of the moringa plant. They contain 46 different antioxidant compounds and all 18 essential amino acids. Not to mention, they are loaded with vital nutrients, such as iron, protein, fiber, chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamins A and C. In fact, moringa leaves are so nutrient-dense that various countries in Asia and Africa use them as a cost-effective source of nutrition to combat malnutrition. Even when dried and turned into a fine powder, the leaves still retain most of their health-promoting nutrients. (Related: Moringa Oleifera: The King of Superfoods.)
Benefits of consuming organic moringa leaf powder
Because moringa leaf powder is such a potent source of antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals, consuming it regularly can support the healthy functions of multiple systems in your body. Here are a few ways moringa leaf powder can promote your overall health.
- Supports a healthy immune system: Moringa leaf powder contains high levels of vitamins A and C and other antioxidants that promote healthy immune function.
- Rich source of antioxidants: Some of the beneficial antioxidants found in moringa leaf powder include beta-carotene, vitamin C, quercetin, chlorogenic acid, kaempferol, caffeoylquinic acid, zeatin, rutin, beta-sitosterol, and various polyphenols. All these antioxidants protect your cells from damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Packed with important amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. It is a rare feat for plant foods to have all 18 essential amino acids, but this full array can be found in moringa leaf powder.
- Supports healthy digestion: Moringa is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to support healthy digestive functions. The high fiber and vitamin B content of moringa leaf powder supports healthy digestion and normal bowel movements.
- Supports healthy liver function: The regular consumption of moringa leaf powder can be beneficial to your liver. Its high polyphenol content supports the normal function of your liver enzymes and helps your body minimize damage caused by free radicals.
- Supports healthy brain function: Studies show that the antioxidant properties of moringa leaf powder protect your brain from oxidative stress. Its high content of vitamins C and E supports healthy brain and cognitive function.
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function: Moringa leaf powder supports healthy heart function due to its high antioxidant content. According to research, these antioxidants, along with moringa’s unique combination of phytonutrients, help maintain a healthy heart.
- Boosts vitality and energy levels: Moringa leaf powder has a nutrient-dense profile that can increase your vitality and can maintain healthy energy levels.
Organic moringa leaf powder is ideal for vegans and vegetarians looking for an effective plant-based source of protein. You can easily incorporate it into your daily diet by sprinkling one to two teaspoons of moringa leaf powder onto your favorite smoothies, salads, pastas, soups, dips, sauces and stews. Since moringa leaf powder is extremely efficient in absorbing lead from the soil, it is important to only buy moringa from a trusted source. If you’re searching for the cleanest moringa leaf powder on the market, Health Ranger Select Organic Moringa Leaf Powder is a clean and convenient way to get your nutrient fix. Health Ranger Select Organic Moringa Leaf Powder is also lab tested for heavy metals, microbiology, and glyphosate.