(Natural News) Your mom was watering her favorite flowering plants when she let out a scream. You see her squirming in pain in the garden, one hand holding the water sprinkler, the other grasping her ankle.
She can’t stand up from the pool of water around her, and you don’t dare move her. You’re no expert, and one wrong move might misalign the bones in her ankle.
This is where a good chiropractor can help. This health professional is trained to correct misalignments in the neuromusculoskeletal system. These disorders run the gamut of health concerns like headaches, migraines, sciatica, lower back pain, sports injuries, automobile accident injuries, arthritis pain, neck pain, and others.
The chiropractor is an expert in internal healing systems involving the spine.
He or she can provide the following services:
- Corrective care — This is where a chiropractor’s knowledge in advanced healing comes in. It is geared towards relieving pain and correcting spinal problems. The chiropractor makes sure the spine and pelvis are aligned again so they don’t cause discomfort and give birth to other problems. He or she eases the suffering of those whose condition have been neglected for a long time, or those experiencing complications from the said disorders. Corrective chiropractic therapy takes a longer time since it involves treating various types of trauma and defective muscle patterns. This type of care must also be done on a regular basis. The duration of the therapy depends on the patient’s age and health condition. It usually involves rehab exercises and soft tissue therapies as well as adjustments to the spine.
- Maintenance care — This is for patients with spinal problems who require medications. This type of therapy must continue if the first treatment brings relief to make sure the problem doesn’t recur. Maintenance care ensures the patient’s continued health by evaluating the progress of therapy. It also detects minor misalignments, improves posture and athletic performance, and reduces injuries and pain. It saves the person from spending time and money on health care if he or she doesn’t have to.
Choosing a good chiropractor
You don’t entrust your health to just anybody. So you need a good chiropractor.
Here are useful tips in selecting the right one:
- Study reviews. Find out what others are saying about the chiropractor. Get recommendations from friends, family, and acquaintances.
- Check out credentials. Make sure the chiropractor has the proper credentials. This way, you’re assured that the chiropractor has the proper training and skills for the job. You want someone with no history of malpractice as well.
- Inquire about experience. Dealing with musculoskeletal and spine issues is no joke. Look for someone with long years of experience behind him or her. Ask him or her about any experience regarding your health issue.
- Ask about techniques. Chiropractors rely on a wide array of healing methods. Ask him or her about how he plans to handle your health issue before deciding if he or she is the one you’re looking for.
- Set a free consultation. Most chiropractors will give one so you can meet him or her. Discuss your concerns and ask questions about it. Assess his or her level of knowledge and experience by the way your questions are answered. You’ll also want someone who is cheerful, direct, and willing to spend time with you despite a busy schedule.
- Ask about fees. Make sure you ask about consultation fees before proceeding with the treatment. The chiropractor should give you a breakdown of what is covered and what is not in your health insurance. Those who are paying in cash must know how much each visit costs.
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|