(Natural News) Rescue dog Millie suffered from poor health conditions that made her quite disabled and unable to enjoy life. Her family felt distressed over her condition and decided to take her to a homeopathic vet, which changed Millie’s life entirely.
Eight-year-old Millie suffered from distemper and had a severe continuous twitching of her left shoulder. Moreover, she dragged her weak front paw whenever she walked, which made her fall over often and caused her difficulty climbing stairs. She was unable to enjoy walks and playtime in the park like other dogs and didn’t even know what to do with a ball or wooden stick.
Millie also developed digestive problems, and often vomited her food. She suffered from car sickness.
At their wit’s end, the family decided to take Millie to Tim Couzens – a well-known homeopathic vet in East Hoathly, Sussex, U.K. He started Millie’s homeopathic treatment with Distemperinum nosode 30c twice daily for five days, followed one week later by Strychnine 30c twice daily for one month.
Six weeks later, Millie visited Tim again, with apparent improvements. Her left paw was stronger, and she could walk more steadily and fell over less frequently than before. The twitching was still present at this point.
Couzens prescribed Distemperinum in 200c this time, twice daily for three days, followed one week later by Strychnine 30c again twice daily for another month.
The improvements continued steadily over the course of the treatment: Millie’s front paw became stronger still, and she could now run in the park and play like other dogs. Moreover, she had managed to climb the stairs with ease.
Millie’s digestion also improved and her car sickness stopped. She could now travel by car with a full stomach without vomiting. Eventually, her shoulder also stopped twitching altogether.
Over the three-month treatment period, Millie’s overall condition improved and she became more active and happy afterward. The family noted that before the treatment, Millie used to shed fur excessively, which also stopped after the homeopathic treatment.
Millie’s family swears by homeopathy as the ultimate treatment that improved her quality of life.
Homeopathic remedies for dogs
Homeopathy works well with most health issues, and are inexpensive and easy to find. DogsNaturallyMagazine.com gives a list of some homeopathic remedies to keep in handy, for treating a wide range of health problems for your pet.
- Arnica – Good for pain relief and stiffness due to overexertion, soreness, and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Arsenicum album – Great for gastrointestinal issues accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea. Give twice an hour for a few hours.
- Calendula – This can be used orally or topically for skin infections or any kind of external infection.
- Hepar sulfur – Great for treating painful abscesses and infected anal glands.
- Hypericum – Excellent remedy for pain from nerve-related damage or injuries.
- Ledum – This the first choice for any type of puncture wound, including those from insect bites.
- Myristica – Best remedy for anal sac infections and chronic anal sac problems.
- Rhus tox – Great remedy for arthritis, general musculoskeletal injuries, red swollen eyes, skin infections and skin itching.
- Ruta – This is highly effective for any injury to tendons or ligaments, and great for knee injuries.
- Silicea – Effective for pushing foreign bodies like splinters out of the skin.
Visit PetHealthDaily.com to find out more natural remedies for your pet’s needs.