An article from Waking Times reveals a list of 11 essential oils that can help improve your lucid dreaming. For the uninitiated, lucid dreaming refers to the experience of individuals who remain in control of themselves even though they’re dreaming.
In the Indian Hindu practice of Yoga Nidra and the Tibetan Buddhist practice of dream yoga, a dreamer’s ability to remain aware while dreaming is an important factor. Science has now recognized the positive effects of lucid dreaming.
Using essential oils to enhance the dream state
Many lucid dream enthusiasts swear by the effectiveness of certain essential oils, but what exactly are they? These oils are concentrated plant extracts and are called “essential” since they are made up of the essence of various plant fragrances. By mixing and matching certain essential oils, one can easily take control while lucid dreaming. (Related: Essential Oils: Learn How They Work and How to Use Them Every Day.)
Here is a list of 11 essential oils that can help boost your lucid dreaming.
- Agarwood – Also known as “Wood of the Gods,” agarwood produces a dark and aromatic resin called agar, aloes, or oud. Agarwood has been used in countries around the world for more than 3,000 years, and it enables an individual to have a clear mind, emotional balance, and inner peace.
- Angelica Root – This root, also called archangel oil, Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit root, and oil of archangels, is said to protect one from night terrors and nightmares. As an essential oil, it can provide you with an uplifting quality.
- Bay Laurel – In ancient times, priestesses such as the Oracle of Delphi inhaled bay laurel, which is said to trigger a prophetic state of mind and divination abilities. This oil can enhance clairvoyance and dispel bad energy from the body.
- Blue Lotus – Called a royal oil, blue lotus can be used to enter higher states of consciousness. This oil’s alkaloids can be absorbed through the skin, making it a pleasant-smelling choice to help with lucid dreaming. This essential oil gives individuals a “mild sense of tranquility,” euphoria, and an altered state of awareness.
- Chamomile – Tea drinkers know chamomile tea has a soothing effect. Chamomile also helps against anxiety and promotes better sleep. With chamomile essential oil, one can experience more vivid dreams.
- Cedarwood – First used by the Egyptians and the Sumerians 5,000 years ago, cedarwood is also allegedly the first distilled essential oil. Cedarwood was used for worship and it can elevate moods and help the mind achieve clarity.
- Frankincense – Used as an antidepressant, the aroma of frankincense essential oil can greatly improve the clarity of dreams and dream recall. Frankincense also helps stimulate the pineal gland, the “seat of enlightenment.”
- Jasmine Sambac – Traditionally used in astral travel blends, the scent of jasmine sambac can be inhaled before bedtime. This essential oil promotes deeper sleep and also reduces anxiety.
- Mugwort – Aside from being used in ritual protection in European folklore, mugwort can boost the imagination. A potent “dream herb” that can help you remember your dreams in detail, mugwort also helps ease nervousness and fatigue.
- Sandalwood – Often used in India, sandalwood can calm and relieve tension. One study that monitored santalol, a natural compound in sandalwood, revealed that participants showed improved sleeping patters after they smelled sandalwood.
- Valerian Wood – Used to induce lucid dreaming, valerian wood often allows one to have vivid dreams. This essential oil contains valerenic acids, which usually induces sleep onset faster, letting the body experience REM sleep stages longer. With valerian wood, individuals have hyper real and sometimes strong emotional responses while lucid dreaming.
Learn more about essential oils at EssentialOils.news.