(Natural News) You probably spend more time in your own home than anywhere else. After all, you spend your sleeping hours in your bed, breathing indoor air during the entire night.
And yet the indoor air quality of most homes is shockingly bad due to particulate pollution as well as airborne chemicals derived from furniture, glues, carpet materials, mold spores, pet dander and many other pollutants. Here, I’m recommending three solutions for your home that:
- Purify the indoor air you’re breathing
- Purify the water you’re drinking
- Grow indoor plants that transform pollutants into inert molecules (while producing your own herbal medicine)
Note that these solutions are available at significant discounts at the Health Ranger Store, so there is also a commercial component to this story. That’s why I’m listing the PROS and CONS for each of these solutions so you can decide for yourself.
A quality air purifier cleanses the indoor air you’re breathing
The first thing to consider is the purity of your air. This may seem obvious at first, but very few people actually take it seriously enough to ensure the air they are breathing for hours each day in their own home is free from pollutants. It’s a fact: Indoor concentration of pollutants is often substantially higher than what you’d find outdoors. Some common sources of indoor air contaminants include:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) – released from furniture, carpets, glues, paint, perfumes, and particleboard desks.
- Bioaerosols – biological agents from mold spores, mites, animal dander, and allergy producing microbes.
- Poor ventilation air systems – creates poor air flow, and spreads contaminants around rather than removing them.
When these contaminants are not properly neutralized and removed, these low-grade toxic environmental conditions can contribute to all sorts of health problems, including asthma, immune suppression and even cancer.
That’s why it makes sense to invest in an indoor air purifier that cleans the air and removes toxic pollutants from the air you’re breathing.
Available now, we have the Dreval HEPA 6 Stage Purifier D-903 — that’s the air purifier I use in my own bedroom — discounted during the Health Ranger Store Holiday Super Sale which lasts for just 48 hours.
- Removes nearly every pollutant, including VOCs, particulate matter, mold spores and more.
- Has a very powerful fan with multiple speeds, so you can run it at the level you want… really circulates the air nicely.
- Also doubles as a “white noise” generator for improved sleep because the movement of air through the filter sounds just like a soothing white noise machine.
- Has LED lights on the front panel that seem bright if you’re using it at night (I partially cover it with a towel to block the lights).
- Uses some electricity for the fan, so it will add a small amount to your electric bill (about as much as an incandescent light bulb).
- Eventually requires a replacement filter, but the filter has such a large surface area, it lasts a very long time.
Water purification removes the toxins in the public water supply
The second item to consider for a healthy home is a high quality water purification system. Given that your body is made up of approximately 70 percent water, the importance of clean water simply can’t be overstated.
You are probably well aware that public water systems are widely contaminated with fluoride, chlorine, VOCs, heavy metals, medications, agricultural chemicals, and more. What you may not realize is that common water filtration systems often don’t remove many of the worst contaminants. Those water pitcher filters purchased at Wal-Mart, for example, are extremely ineffective and may only remove a small portion of the contaminants.
One of the highest quality water filtration systems on the market that can remove fluoride (when you add the appropriate filters) is the Big Berkey Water Filtration System. It also removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. This system is non-electric, so it’s the perfect filter for emergency use during natural disasters and grid down scenarios. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and toxic heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
Several different Big Berkey systems are available now during the Health Ranger Store Holiday Super Sale (which goes for just 48 hours).
- Needs no electricity, so won’t add to your electric bill.
- The ultimate preparedness / survival water filtration system because it works even when the power grid is down.
- Rugged stainless steel construction makes it extremely durable; containers last a lifetime.
- Uses no electricity and has no pump, so the filtration speed is much slower than a system with an electric pump.
- Is much larger than a manual pump camping filter. While it works fine on a counter top, it’s too big for a backpack.
- Up-front cost is larger than cheap, low-end filters (but the very large filter capacity makes up for it on a per-gallon basis).
Indoor plants also help purify your indoor air
Interestingly, one of the science organizations that has researched plant-based indoor air purification the most is NASA, which wants to use plants on board spacecraft to purify the air during long space flights.
Plants breathe, and during respiration, they convert many toxic airborne chemicals into harmless molecules. In this way, plants don’t just “clean” the air; they transform it. That’s why growing indoor plants year-round is one of the most effective (and easiest) strategies to cleaning your home environment. If you choose food-producing plants, you can also supplement your own food supply.
A garden tower is an excellent choice for indoor growing because of its very large growing space that’s vertically stacked. You can grow dozens of small plants in a single grow tower, all in the same space you might use for just one large potted plant.
For a limited time, you can get several kinds of heirloom seeds, home growing kits, and a garden tower during the Health Ranger Store Holiday Super Sale, on for only 48 hours.
- Takes up very little floor space, allowing you to grow dozens of plants in a vertical arrangement.
- Is extremely water efficient and conserves water by re-using excess water that drains into a catch pan.
- Easily rotates without effort (it’s on ball bearings), so can be rotated to bring light to all the plants.
- Can also be used to grow powerful herbal remedies such as basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and more.
- Uses no pumps, so it does require you to manually add water as needed.
- Requires sunlight or strong artificial lights, so may add to your electric bill if you don’t have sunlight.
- Requires you to add your own soil, so some simple labor is involved.
Pick up the garden tower, an indoor air purifier, a water purification system and other “green home” solutions during our Health Ranger Store Holiday Sale (48 hours only).
From my home to yours, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, an enjoyable holiday season, and a prosperous 2018.