1. Oil pulling: Coconut oil is antimicrobial, making it a great choice for this practice. Just swishing about a tablespoon in your mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes in the morning will help to remove toxins and other nasty stuff from your teeth and gums.
2. All-over moisturizer: Coconut oil is an extremely rich, creamy oil, making it great for both face and body moisture. You can even use it to condition your hair and heal chapped lips!
3. Heal sunburns: The cooling, moisturizing nature relieves dryness and pain. Antioxidants and fatty acids help to heal.
4. Bug bites: Coconut oil can help to reduce itching and promote healing. The anti-inflammatory properties may even help to reduce swelling.
5. Makeup remover: A non-irritating, natural way to remove even waterproof makeup!
6. Acne-eraser: It may seem odd to rub oil on your face to heal acne, but it really works! The antimicrobial nature of coconut oil stops acne in its tracks.
7. Brain-boosting: Consuming coconut oil may help to prevent Alzheimer's disease and other age-related cognitive decline.
8. Pots and pans: You can use coconut oil as a base to season cast-iron cookware. Once well-seasoned, you'll be able to fry some farm-fresh eggs on a cast-iron pan without any sticking!
9. Polish: Coconut oil is a great all-natural furniture polish. This makes it an excellent choice for people with pets, who tend to be drawn to scented cleaners, or children. You can use it to polish wood furniture and metals.
10. Leather: Coconut oil can help remove scuffs and other marks from your favorite sofa or shoes.