(NaturalNews) The grocery aisles have displayed foods for decades that are nutritionally deficient. Poor soil conditions combined with seed engineering and processing have left people with poor choices. Consider these eight superfoods to get the required nutrients for optimal body function.
Aloe vera has 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids, 200 active plant compounds (phytonutrients), and strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Aloe vera benefits include:
• Eases inflammation and arthritic pain • Heals ulcers and a wide variety of digestive disorders and complications • Treats candida and parasites • Reduces heart attacks and strokes • Helps halt growth of cancer tumors
Bee pollen is a rich source of carotenoids, 22 amino acids, and enzymes. It is a also good source of B-vitamins, vitamin C and E, and over 68 minerals.
Bee pollen benefits include:
• Combats cancer, diabetes, arthritis and depression • Promotes increased strength, stamina, endurance and energy levels • Increases concentration and memory • Improves fertility and enhances sexual activity • Increases resistance to infections
Maca is a very nutrient-dense superfood and a complete source of amino acids. It also is rich in B-vitamins, vitamins C and E, and is a good source of copper, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
Maca benefits include:
• Improves anaemia • Reduces chronic fatigue • Relieves stress and depression • Improves libido and fertility • Improves adrenal function • Strengthens memory
Reishi is a rich source of antioxidants. It is also a good source of B-vitamins, as well as potassium, niacin, magnesium, selenium, copper and phosphorus.
• Combats immune-related disorders like allergies, arthritis and cancer • Reduces physical and mental stress • Reduces inflammation • Protects the liver • Helps correct digestive disorders
Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, 21 trace minerals, vitamin A, B-complex, C and E, and is a superior form of antioxidants.
Goji berries benefits include:
• Significantly improves immune function • Protects DNA • Protects the eyes and liver • Reduces inflammation • Protects the heart • Improves mood and libido
Chlorella is a rich source of complete protein, a potent source of chlorophyll, and rich in the entire vitamin complex. It is also an exceptional source of iron and zinc, as well as magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium.
Chlorella benefits include:
• Helps detoxify biotoxins, xenobiotics and heavy metals • Helps kill candida and yeast overgrowth • Known cancer fighter • Prevents and improves diabetes and insulin resistance • Reduces pain associated with arthritis and fibromyalgia • Helps heal and repair tissue growth • Reduces and eliminates digestive issues
Hemp contains 20 amino acids and is a complete source of plant protein. It is also nature's most abundant source of essential fatty acids and has a perfect 3 to 1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3.
Hemp benefits include:
• Fortifies immune system • Reduces inflammation • Improves memory and prevents brain-related diseases • Clears up skin disorders • Helps keep digestive tract healthy and clean • Helps prevent cancer • Helps reduce risk of diabetes
Coconut is an excellent source of fatty acids, including lauric and caprylic acid, which destroy bacteria, viruses and fungi. It's also a good source of B-vitamins and a great source of copper, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc.
Coconut benefits include:
• Improves immune system function • Helps protect against brain-related disorders • Lowers risk of diabetes • Reduces joint and muscle inflammation • Strengthens liver • Kills bacteria and parasites • Protects against cancer and other immune-related diseases • Eases acid reflux and promotes proper digestive function
About the author: Derek Henry, B.Kin, is a highly revered holistic health coach and world renowned natural health blogger and educator who created Healing the Body to help people understand the fundamental principles to exceptional health so they can overcome their own health challenges.