(NaturalNews) It's been observed that even former smokers who quit years ago have traces of lung damage.
Even if one has never smoked, second hand cigarette smoke, industrial pollution, vehicular exhaust fumes and now chemtrails with downward drifting heavy metal nano-particles all contribute to some level of lung damage for almost everyone.
So whether you once smoked or never puffed on chemical-laden, radioactive (from the fertilizer) tobacco, detoxing and regenerating lung tissue may still be appropriate for you.
By the way, the notion that lung damage is irreparable is not true. With proper nourishment and nurturing, your lungs can repair damaged tissues eventually.
Different do-it-yourself detox and regeneration methods
(1) Lifestyle changes are in order as a foundation for any recommended remedies to have significant and lasting effects. Use Natural News to get up-to-date with food information.
The best way to avoid most chemicals, GMOs, artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), excess sugar and bad salt is to eliminate junk and processed foods and sodas. Minimize meat, dairy and wheat to reduce excess mucus. Adding ginger, onions, garlic and cayenne helps eliminate excess mucus as well.
Exercise more outdoors, away from traffic if possible. Breathing exercises can be used to help strengthen lung tissue. Yoga offers some, and there are others as well. Natural News has a plethora of information here (http://www.naturalnews.com).
(2) Eliminate household toxins that are part of detergents, cleansers, bleaches and chemically scented "air fresheners" (http://www.naturalnews.com).
There are many chemical free substitutes available at health food stores, even Target has a few on hand. Ditto for cosmetics and bodycare products. Buy only aluminum free deodorants for starters.
All toxic commercial pesticides emit caustic gases or vapors (off-gassing) that irritate the lungs.
(3) Improve your indoor air, which can be even worse than outdoor air. Try to replace carpeting with other flooring or at least vacuum and steam clean often. Beware of furniture or clothing that's been fire proofed. Flame retardants off-gas carcinogenic compounds.
Licorice root is one that pretty much covers all those attributes. It can create side effects for some because of its glycyrrhizin content. But licorice extract products are available with the glycyrrhizin removed. This is known as deglycyrrhizinated licorice or DGL licorice.
Lobelia, ironically known as Indian tobacco, helps clear the airways for easier breathing. It even works for asthma attacks (http://www.naturalnews.com).
(5) Detoxing is necessary for any regeneration or rebuilding. Eliminating or reducing your toxic load relieves your immune system and allows the process of growing new tissue to occur.
Item (1) of this article is an absolute prerequisite to detoxifying. Then, foods such as chlorella and cilantro consumed often can help detoxify heavy metals, especially from the liver. Zeolite in its raw powder form (not liquid) is very useful.
Make sure you drink plenty of purified fluoride free water and find ways to sweat more. If you can, use a far infrared sauna somewhere; you'll have the best level of sauna. But conventional sauna's still do the job.
(6) Serrapeptase enzymes are very powerful enzymes capable of eating up scar tissue, heavily calcified tissue or hardened mucus deposits. It provided a dramatic turn-around for a British emphysema patient a few years ago.