(NaturalNews) Chinese herbs have been used for centuries on their own and in conjunction with other alternative therapies such as acupuncture, acupressure and Ayurveda to prevent hair loss, re-grow hair and restore natural pigment to gray hair.
Hair loss has many causes, such as the genetic male pattern baldness and diseases affecting glands and hormones. Lack of circulation to the scalp and vitamin deficiencies play a major role in hair health. Chemotherapy is the primary cause of hair loss in patients suffering from cancer.
Hair loss prevention with Chinese medicine
Certain herbs help bring the body into balance and are used for thinning hair treatment and as baldness cures. The first steps toward hair restoration is increasing the quality of the blood and circulation to the scalp. The key to limiting thinning hair and promoting hair re-growth is early intervention. Natural hair loss treatments may extend from 3 to 12 months or longer, depending on the severity of the problem, the length of time the condition has persisted, and on the response of each individual being treated.
Best hair restoration products using Chinese herbs
Below are listed some of the best hair restoration treatments using Chinese herbs. An herbal specialist should be consulted for additional information on how to prepare a tonic.
1. The best natural hair restoration herbal remedy is Fo-Ti, also known as He Shou Wu, or by its Latin name, Polygonum Multiflorum. This herb has shown efficacy for hundreds of years in not only helping with hair restoration, but also for restoring gray hair to its original color. It strengthens hair, builds the blood and reverses the process of aging throughout the body.
2. Ganoderma lucidum or Reishi mushroom is known in TCM for enhancing kidney energy which effects blood flow. This highly touted herbal cure is known in China as a cure for immune disorders and helps protect against aging. In China, Reishi mushroom is so well respected it has been called the "mushroom of immortality."
3. Ligustrum lucidum or Nu Shen Zi improves circulation to the scalp and is considered a Yin kidney and liver tonic. In China it is said that this herb extends life and acts on the immune system as a blood tonic helping with hair restoration and hair loss prevention.
4. Schisandra chinensis or Wu Wei Zin is a well known herbal tonic used to enhance beauty and as a baldness cure. It is one of the most widely used natural hair restoration products, enhancing skin quality on the scalp and on the rest of the body.
5. Additional Chinese herbs used in natural hair restoration products and herbal tonics include Thallus algae, a type of seaweed high in micronutrients; Morus albus or Mulberry fruit spike, used to prevent the premature graying of hair; Stinging nettle, which provides important minerals and nutrients to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair re-growth; Rehmannia glutinosa, Angelica sinensis, Eclipta prostratea, Sesame indicum, and Salvia miltiorrhiza.
A variety of hair loss tonics are available in health food stores; however, they may not work. Chinese apothecaries and herb stores are the best places to purchase tonics for hair restoration. The herbs are usually fresh and a trained herbal practitioner can properly diagnose and choose the best products for each individual need. Some herbs can cause side effects and should be administered only under supervision.
For those who have unsuccessfully used conventional hair restoration methods such as pharmaceutical drugs, laser treatments or surgery, Traditional Chinese Medicine offers options that may be helpful for hair restoration, reversing gray hair and overcoming health disorders resulting in successful hair replacement treatment.
JB Bardot is an herbalist and a classical homeopath, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine. You can find her at The JB Bardot Archives at www.jbbardot.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jbbardot23 or on Twitter at jbbardot23 or https://twitter.com/jbbardot23
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com