(NaturalNews) It's a well-known fact that most commercially sold meats in America contain a plethora of harmful chemicals and drugs, but one Florida family could never have guessed that the steak they bought at a local Wal-Mart would be laced with a dangerous psychedelic drug.
According to reports, the entire family was sickened -- including a woman, Jessica Rosado, who was nine months pregnant -- when steak they ate was found to have contained LSD. Forensic testing confirmed the presence of the drug.
As reported by The Associated Press:
Tampa police say the family of four ate the tainted meat [March 3]. The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office reported Friday that the meat had been contaminated with the hallucinogenic drug.
Reports said doctors induced labor in the woman and she managed to give birth to a healthy baby boy. The entire family was released from the hospital in good condition.
Rosado's partner, Ronnie Morales, was the first to feel the effects of the drug, San Jose Mercury News reported. He suffered symptoms of hallucination, dizziness and shortness of breath.
The couple's 6- and 7-year-old daughters were also affected, though symptoms were not as pronounced.
Police are investigating how the drug managed to get into the meat.
Lysergic acid diethylamide -- LSD, for short -- was first developed by Swiss scientist Albert Hofmann. He was the first to synthesize, ingest and then learn about the drug's psychedelic effects.