(NaturalNews) The way to know that you are physically awake is to verify that you are not sleeping. Look around. Ask yourself if you are awake. Pinch yourself. This does the trick, unless you want to push the philosophical issue beyond the practical.
Knowing whether or not you are psychologically awake is more complicated. Psychological sleep is denial, and it is tough to recognize because part of denial is to believe you are not in denial.
Rather than go round and round with yourself about it, I offer these 15 signs that you are asleep in relation to important mind, body and spirit aspects of life.
You can add your own signs in the comments section so we can all learn more together.
A healthy mind is skeptical, analytical, sharp, independent, open, discerning and, most of all, willing to be aware. Are you developing these qualities intentionally? If not, you may be losing them faster than you care to know.
Here are five signs that your mind is really asleep:
• You are not making specific and conscious efforts to grow as an individual.
• You are not excited and curious to learn something new every day.
• You go along with the majority opinion and don't stand for anything of your own accord.
• You get defensive (as opposed to curious) when someone tells you that you are wrong or have made a mistake.
• You tend to believe what you hear on the news, read in magazines or books, or what others say in an authoritative manner.
Do you love your body unconditionally? If not, you may not treat it well. You criticize it, neglect it, and punish it. People who love their body conditionally (often with impossible conditions) have a horrible time taking care of themselves.
Here are five signs that your body is being silently neglected (the silence will end one day, like it or not):
• You do not eat, sleep and move with health and disease prevention in mind.
• You are closed to alternative means of healing or even investigating them.
• You believe mainstream food manufacturers care whether or not they poison you.
• You're cool with artificial ingredients, mass pharmaceuticals, toxic skincare products, fluoridated water and other chemical soups.
• You care more about how your body appears to others than how healthy it is.
Do you feel connected to something greater than yourself? Do you commune with God, the Universe or the collective unconscious? Are you on a path to expand your relatively narrow consciousness?
Here are five signs that your spirit is out of sync with your day-to-day life:
• You trudge through life with no deeply felt passion or higher purpose.
• You only think of what you can gain as opposed to what you can offer.
• Your harbor a zero sum mentality - not considering how we call all win together and work toward harmony and unity.
• You have "decided" how the universe "is" and judge anyone who doesn't agree with you.
• You believe there is nothing greater in the universe than human beings.
More important than my 15 signs are the signs that you know apply to you
. What are they? What is life like when you are consistently taking care of your mind, body
and spirit? What happens when you stop? These are your signs.About the author:
Watch the free video The AHA! Process: An End to Self-Sabotage
and discover the lost keys to personal transformation and emotional well-being that have been suppressed by mainstream mental health for decades.
The information in this video
has been called the missing link
in mental health and personal development. In a world full of shallow, quick-fix techniques, second rate psychology and pharmaceutical takeovers, real solutions have become nearly impossible to find. Click here
to watch the presentation that will turn your world upside down.Mike Bundrant
is co-founder of the iNLP Center
and host of Mental Health Exposed
, a Natural News Radio program.Follow Mike on Facebook
for daily personal development tips.