(NaturalNews) As Mike Adams pointed out in an earlier article on preparedness for harder times to come, spiritual awareness is vital to continuing on and evolving for life after body death. 
As one wise person once pointed out, there are two things you take with you when you die: Your karma (past deeds and impulses) and whatever awareness you have of your spiritual self. Think about that.
Spiritual pursuits, especially any suggested in this article, do not contradict or belong solely to any religion or religious doctrine. Any advice to the contrary is pure disinformation.
Swami Muktananda, an Indian swami of great spiritual awareness and energy, came to America in 1978 to promote what he called a "Spiritual Revolution." In Santa Monica, his first stop, a local reporter came to Muktananda and asked, "I'm Jewish. What if my rabbi won't allow me to meditate?" Muktananda responded with his own question, "Does your rabbi allow you to sleep?"
The point is not that meditation and sleep are similar, but that meditation is not religious doctrine or dogma. It's a practice that eventually brings inner peace leading to greater spiritual awareness and even better overall health.
Tips for gaining spiritual awareness
(1) Meditation has been the center piece of many different approaches to spirituality. Transcendental meditation (TM) is taught in several communities. It's been taught to cardiac patients or used in medical studies for studying meditation's immune enhancing properties. But it's not the only technique available. 
There are several texts available that explain meditation, all having common, essential points: Quiet space, sitting on a floor with legs crossed or on a chair with both feet flat on the floor, eyes closed, focus on easy natural breathing, naval area, or mantra; observe thoughts without being affected (detachment) or using force to stop them, always gently bring back attention to your focus point.
(2) The corpse pose is a perfect segue to meditation. If you practice any form of hatha yoga, you're merely doing stretching exercises without a good corpse pose at the end of a session. Swami Muktananda warned that the benefits of hatha yoga won't be completely realized without a good corpse pose. Here's how: http://www.yogalearningcenter.com/poses/relaxation_pose
(3) During either meditation or a corpse pose, you may experience an odd sensation that implies you are not a body. You may even go out of the body and experience the astral plane briefly, another dimension that exists within the physical.
Check out the Monroe Institute online and buy one of Robert Monroe's books if your interested. He's a Virginian who had astral experiences by accident and thought he was going insane until a psychologist friend recommended some books from the Theosophical Society.
He then went on to enthusiastically practice astral travel in this and other coexisting, invisible universes. His books share his experiences and techniques with others. 
(4) Kindness toward all sentient (feeling) beings, human and animal, and humility are practices that open your heart more and allows you to have true compassion - a gateway to spirituality. Maybe at first you have to fake it a bit, but eventually it comes from the heart and your heart opens up. 
(5) Contemplation is not just thinking. People can actively contemplate the beauty of nature and its interconnectedness, or the stars on a clear night allowing awe to inspire you. Or pose a question about life in general and your life specifically while waiting for the answer to come from your higher consciousness.
(6) A foundation of good health from a good GMO-free diet free of toxins and additives with moderate exercise benefits all these tips. You'll get a lot of that information from Natural News.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com