(NaturalNews) Though cancer can be seen as a very complex illness, it is important to understand that cancer is simply the "symptom" and the tip of the ice berg. For your body to allow cancer cells to take root and multiply, there had to be a weakened immune system, toxicity of many kinds and nutritional deficiencies.
Evidence-based research has shown that there are hundreds of known and effective cancer cures. Here are some very simple protocols that will give you an edge if you are afflicted with cancer.
1. Baking Soda 1 tsp. of baking soda and the juice of 1 organic lemon in 8 ounces of water several times per day is a very easy way to alkalize the body. Cancer cells can't grow in an alkaline body.
2. Blood Root Blood root is a perennial plant that contains a plant alkaloid called Sanguinarine. Sanguinarine kills cancer cells only and does not harm your healthy cells. It can be used internally or applied externally in a salve for superficial cancers.
3. Chaga Chaga is a medicinal mushroom that has been studied in laboratories for many years. It has shown much promise as an immune system modulator and has many anti-cancer properties.
4. Vitamin D Checking your blood serum Vitamin D levels could help you prevent cancer and speed up your recovery from cancer.
A study conducted in 2006 indicated that lower levels of blood serum Vitamin D were associated with a poorer overall survival rate of post-menopausal breast cancer patients.
5. Essiac Tea The original formulation of this tea was actually an old Native Indian recipe that had been used for hundreds of years. A Canadian nurse learned about it and started sharing it with some of her cancer patients and she began to see amazing recoveries. The tea, comprised of several anti-cancer and cleansing herbs, can be consumed several times per day.
6. Flax Seeds and cottage cheese Dr. Johanna Budwig, a German biochemist and physicist, is credited for this healing concoction that has seen a 90 percent success rate spanning over 50 years. The combination of these two foods provides essential fatty acids and lipoproteins that reduce tumors and restore health.
7. Hemp Oil The cannabinoids in hemp kill cancer cells. Period. And like all other herbal remedies, the plant chemicals do not harm healthy cells. There have been numerous studies conducted with reported beneficial effects on many types of cancers, including breast cancer.
8. Iodine It is estimated that over 85 percent of the world's population is iodine deficient. Since estrogen production increases with iodine deficiency, make sure you have your iodine levels tested every year.
9. Melatonin Melatonin is a powerful breast cancer cell inhibitor. In fact, in laboratory studies, it actually put breast cancer cells to sleep and slowed down the growth by 70percent. Melatonin also counteracts the effects of environmental estrogens.
10. Broccoli Sprouts While cruciferous vegetables in general have been promoted for their anti-cancer properties, broccoli sprouts are up to 100 times more potent. The sprouts contain Sulforaphane which not only kills cancer cells, but actually suppresses the growth and spread of many types of cancers.
There are literally hundreds of known cancer cures that have saved countless lives. Of course, healing cancer involves healing the body as a whole. Lifestyle and dietary changes are also essential since cancer is just the symptom and NOT the cause. If you know anyone who is afflicted with cancer, please share this information and be a messenger of hope.
About the author: Dr. Veronique Desaulniers, better known as Dr. V, has maintained successful practices in the Wellness Industry since 1979. Specializing in Bio-Energetics, Meridian Stress Analysis, Homeopathy, Thermography and Chiropractic, Dr. V brings a unique approach to Health and Wellness. After personally overcoming Breast Cancer without the use of chemo, radiation or surgery, Dr. V currently helps to empower women about healing and preventing Breast Cancer, naturally. For more information about Dr. V's personal Cancer Coaching visit http://www.BreastCancerConqueror.com