(NaturalNews) There have been various reports on NaturalNews and in the mainstream media concerning the side effects of consuming food that has been genetically modified. Symptoms ranging from digestive and reproductive disorders to liver failure, internal bleeding and immune system dysfunction are being reported. A combination of home remedies, nutrition and homeopathic medicines may help restore your health. This list is by no means exhaustive. Individuals who are seriously ill from ingesting GMOs should consult an alternative healthcare practitioner rather than self-treat.
Not all side effects from GMOs are physical. Homeopathic medicines address physical, mental or emotional symptoms related to the subject.
· Nux vomica supports the liver, for cleansing and rejuvenation. The person needing Nux vomica is generally angry, bossy, eats and drinks to excess and has many digestive upsets.
· Arsenicum album relieves acute cases of vomiting and diarrhea. It is useful after ingesting genetically modified organisms that may trigger a sensitive stomach producing symptoms similar to food poisoning.
· Rhus tox may help an individual who believes he has been poisoned by GMO foods he's eaten. The person may be paranoid, suspicious and restless. He may complain of joint pain, stiffness or display an itchy rash.
· Staphysagria may provide relief for someone experiencing a feeling of outrage over being subjected to the entire GMO takeover of the food system. It is a remedy often used for those who've been raped or attacked and feel violated.
· Gelsemium is indicated for someone who becomes anxious and fearful just thinking about what might happen as a result of eating genetically modified foods. There may be flu-like aches and pains, weakness and a headache in the back of the head and neck.
· Phosphorus should help in cases where there is internal bleeding or blood disorder related to side effects of GMO foods, especially those that produce Bt toxins, such as genetically modified corn.
· After being deprived of healthy nutrients from genetically modified foods, it's important to replace them with organic foods that provide nourishment, vitamins, minerals and necessary enzymes. Reestablishing balance by restoring a healthy pH and reducing acidosis goes a long way toward protecting and restoring the system that's at the effect of GMOs.
· Start eating organic fruits and vegetables and if you can, juice them several times a day.
· Add green coconut water to cleanse the liver and blood and help destroy parasites, fungi and bacteria that are transmitted through genetically modified organisms.
Boost immune system
· Eat foods that boost your immune system and supply vital nutrients such as vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.
· Take garlic, echinacea, milk thistle, pau d'arco tea, colloidal silver, or other immune-building herbs to help your body fight toxins from GMO foods.
Alkalize your system
· Create an alkaline environment to destroy invasive organisms and protect the advancement of noxious parasites and disease states.
· Support an alkaline pH with ancient, tiny grains such as quinoa, amaranth and millet. These foods are much more alkaline than other grains and are gluten-free.
· Add organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) to your diet. Mix 2 Tbs with 8 oz. water and drink to establish alkalinity in your gut.
· Mix 2 Tbs lemon juice with 1/2 tsp baking soda for an instant alkaline cocktail. Allow bubbling to settle and add 8 oz. water. Drink at once. You can substitute ACV for lemon juice.
· In cases of extreme emergency when you need to get alkaline fast, mix 1/2 tsp cream of tartar in 8 oz. water and drink immediately.
JB Bardot is an herbalist and a classical homeopath, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine. You can find her at The JB Bardot Archives at www.jbbardot.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jbbardot23 or on Twitter at jbbardot23 or https://twitter.com/jbbardot23