(NaturalNews) Candida Albicans, a modern day disease brought on by antibiotics, drugs, processed foods, sugar and poor diet, has reached epidemic proportions. It is the silent epidemic or the "candy disease" as many may call candida albicans. As many struggle with this debilitating disease, they are looking for the "perfect" cure and finding that drugs do not work.
Using natural cures includes changing your diet habits and lifestyle, eliminating household chemical cleaners and adopting a holistic lifestyle. Natural cures for candida are being used more and more, as many are receiving positive results in eliminating candida.Natural Treatments for Candida:Cayenne
- Place a 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of water and drink twice a day. According to Marlo from Hattiesburg, "I tried so many things to overcome my candida infection, but the single most effective thing I tried was drinking a few dashes of cayenne pepper powder in a beverage."Garlic and Cayenne
- Ted from Bangkok states, "Briefly the cure for candida that I found to be most effective seems to be a large amount of garlic extract taken 3-4 times a day, along with fresh cayenne peppers. Some apple cider vinegar will reduce the side effect. Taking some amounts of unsugared yogurt (homemade) seems to do the job. It is important to avoid taking all forms of vegetable oils, white flour, and white bread."Coconut Oil
- Start with 1 teaspoon per day and work up to 3-5 tablespoons per day. In addition to following a candida
diet avoid sugar, white flour and yeast products.Olive Leaf
- Olive leaf has been identified as an effective cure for Candida. Symptoms will be eliminated by taking an initial dose of 21 capsules, followed by a daily dose of 9 capsules containing fresh dried olive leaves. Fresh dried leaves are the best form to use for this remedy. You can read more about the cure here:http://www.naturalnews.com/027184_olive_leaf...Oregano Oil
- Place 1 drop of oregano oil in a vegetarian capsule and take once a day.
Note: Some natural
cures in large doses may cause a Herxheimer reaction or die-off symptoms. Begin them slowing and gradually increase to recommended dosage. If you develop any side effects, stop the natural cures for a few days and then begin again.Low Fat Diet for Candida:
Frederick Patenaude, author of "The Raw Secrets
" talks about curing Candida Albicans naturally. He explains, "The way to beat Candida is simple: you have to understand that Candida is an issue that comes from eating too much fat, not too much sugar. When we eat too much fat, that excess fat in the bloodstream diminishes insulin sensitivity, so sugar isn't carried out as fast as it should to the cells."
Patenaude added, "It accumulates in the bloodstream, feeding the Candida yeast that is naturally present there. The Candida then proliferates to `eat up` the excess sugar. The answer isn`t to consume less sugar, or to try to kill the Candida, but to go at the root of the problem, that is, to consume less fat."Frederic Patenaude`s Diet for Candida:
Patenaude suggests eating a low-fat diet for a period of several weeks. The diet should not include avocados, nuts or oils. He says that within a few weeks, if not days, their Candida problem will be solved. After a case of Candida is cured or effectively controlled, small quantities of fatty foods can be gradually reintroduced.http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/candida2.ht...http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/ca...http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2005/05/c...http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2009/08/27/dr...http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com/natural-...
About the author
Barbi Trejo is a natural hygiene foodist and loves the medicine of the earth. After being diagnosed with MS and early onset dementia last year, she cured herself using herbs and juicing from the earth. She now spends her time helping others.
Barbi Trejo lives in Jordan with her cat, Baby. Barbi is writes for Suite101, Break Studios and Associated Content. She moderates four forums and six blogs in her spare time.
Barbi has just released her first eBook entitled, "Everything You Would Ever Want to Know About Black Seeds (Nigella sativa) and more. It can be seen at http://nigellasativa.weebly.com
Barbi is also a Twitter Manager for many of the top Natural Health Writers here on Natural News.com and Corporations. To learn more about how Twitter can benefit you, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to put Twitter as the reason for the email.