(NaturalNews) The cleansing properties of apple cider vinegar have been utilized for centuries. Eastern medicine teaches us that apple cider vinegar can help stimulate circulation and aid detoxification in the liver. Ancient cultures often used apple cider vinegar to purify the blood. Today we are exposed to more toxins than ever before, so it's become even more important that we take care of our bodies by detoxing with natural medicinal foods like apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is rich in natural minerals, vitamins and enzymes. Supplying these nutrients to the body is crucial during a time of detoxification, when all the systems in the body go into overdrive to purge out toxic material. The unique acids in apple cider vinegar can bind to toxins and help the body eliminate them more effectively. They are also equip to fight bacteria, fungus and Candida.
Another way apple cider vinegar aids detoxification is by breaking up mucus throughout the body and cleansing the lymph nodes to allow for better lymph circulation. A healthy lymphatic system can remove toxins from the cells in the body while improving immune system response.
Taking apple cider vinegar before meals aids digestion and improves gastric health, helping the body remove toxic waste more efficiently. When foods are digested thoroughly and waste eliminated quickly, the body is nourished and toxins are removed before they have time to do damage.
Remember, to get real results you must choose a real product. The ideal apple cider vinegar
is in raw liquid form. It should be unprocessed and unfiltered, with plenty of "mother" in it. Any other kind of apple cider vinegar will be far less effective and may provide no benefits at all. In fact, some cheap imitations are simply white distilled vinegar with caramel coloring added!
cider vinegar in small doses throughout the day. Many people like to take 1-3 teaspoons in a glass of water before meals to aid digestion. Others enjoy adding it to hot water with honey to drink as a tea. You can also use apple cider vinegar
to make tasty and nutritious sauces and salad dressings.
A hot bath prepared with a cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of Epsom salts will draw toxins out through the skin and help jumpstart the cleansing process. This can also help relieve joint pain as well as skin conditions like eczema and acne.
While apple cider vinegar can play an important role in detoxification, it will be far more effective when combined with a naturally healthy lifestyle that includes these habits:
- Eat a balanced diet that consists of unprocessed, natural foods that will provide the body with the nutrition it needs to purify itself.
- Include some raw, uncooked foods in your diet since these supply important enzymes that will help you detox
- Choose organic foods to help reduce your exposure to toxins. Keep in mind processed foods of all kinds should be avoided, even if they are labeled organic.
- Exercise regularly to improve the health of the circulatory and lymphatic systems, both of which work to cleanse and purify the body.
- Reduce toxin exposure by using natural household cleaners and beauty products.
- Drink only filtered water to avoid potential toxin exposure. Getting plenty of pure water will also aid natural detoxification processes.For More Information:
Cook, Larry. (2005) The Beginner's Guide to Natural Living. Published by Ecovision Communications.
About the author
Elizabeth Walling is a freelance writer specializing in health and family nutrition. She is a strong believer in natural living as a way to improve health and prevent modern disease. She enjoys thinking outside of the box and challenging common myths about health and wellness. You can visit her blog to learn more:www.livingthenourishedlife.com/2009/10/welco...