A new study from the US National Institutes of Health and Bristol University that questioned 11,875 pregnant women on their dietary habits found that eating more fish during pregnancy resulted in significant, measurable benefits to the communication skills and social standing of their children seven years later.
What you need to know - Mainstream View
• Eating less than 12 oz. of seafood each week was found to result in a 48% increased risk of children ending up in the lowest group of demonstrated verbal intelligence.
• Low fish consumption was also strongly correlated with poor motor skills, troublesome behavior, poor communication skills and lower social status.
• The socioeconomic standing of the mother and family were taken into account so that the ability to afford more fish in the diet did not bias the results.
• Health experts warn against pregnant women eating certain types of fish -- such as tuna -- due to latent mercury content.
• The health benefits of fish consumption are believed to be due to the omega-3 fatty acid content of oily fish.
• Quote: "This idea of fish being toxic has been around for a long time but this study seems to be saying that is a minor problem compared with the benefits you get from fish." - Professor Robert Grimble, professor of nutrition at the University of Southampton
What you need to know - Alternative View
• Nutrition during pregnancy has a powerful impact on the future behavior of children. "Problematic" behavior in children needs to be treated with diet, not drugs.
• The mercury content of fish can be largely nullified by taking chlorella (a superfood supplement) or eating cilantro (a common culinary herb) during the meal that fish is consumed.
• Mercury is found in fish because industrialized nations continue to pollute the environment with mercury from dental fillings ("silver" fillings) and coal-fired power plants. Mercury fillings introduce over 300 metric tons of mercury into the environment each year.
• In the U.S., the FDA warns women about the health hazards of excess mercury consumption, but fails to inform the public of the tremendous health benefits of oily fish.
• Great nutrition during pregnancy creates smarter kids with healthier nervous systems and better language skills, which leads to greater social success and career success.
• Quote: "Expectant mothers should eat more oily fish and boost their intake of fatty acids like DHA, which are available in nutritional supplements." - Mike Adams, author of The 7 Laws of Nutrition.
• Fish oil supplements from Nordic Naturals, the Life Extension Foundation or other trusted sources.
Your NaturalNews.TV video could be here.
Upload your own videos at NaturalNews.TV (FREE)
About the author:
Mike Adams (aka the "Health Ranger") is the founding editor of NaturalNews.com, the internet's No. 1 natural health news website, now reaching 7 million unique readers a month.
With a background in science and software technology, Adams is the original founder of the email newsletter technology company known as Arial Software. Using his technical experience combined with his love for natural health, Adams developed and deployed the content management system currently driving NaturalNews.com. He also engineered the high-level statistical algorithms that power SCIENCE.naturalnews.com, a massive research resource now featuring over 10 million scientific studies.
In addition to being the co-star of the popular GAIAM TV series called Secrets to Health, Adams is also the (non-paid) executive director of the non-profit Consumer Wellness Center (CWC), an organization that redirects 100% of its donations receipts to grant programs that teach children and women how to grow their own food or vastly improve their nutrition. Click here to see some of the CWC success stories.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com