(NaturalNews) Treatments for arthritis and gout, such as home remedies like black bean broth, offer antioxidant protection, lower uric acid levels, reduce pain and inflammation, and should be made part of your home remedy arsenal.
Anecdotal evidence shows that the broth of cooked black beans is a curative arthritis treatment, possessing high amounts of anthocyanins, the same nutrients found in tart cherry juice, pomegranates, and red wine. Anthocyanins give certain fruits, vegetables and legumes their dark reddish-purple color, and are a good way of identifying foods that fight inflammation. Black beans are replete with anti-inflammatory properties which help eliminate the tearing pains of gouty arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis natural remedies include safe and inexpensive treatments for all types of joint pain. The nutrients found in the bean broth lower the uric acid in the blood and reduce deposits of uric acid crystals in the kidneys and joints.
Black bean broth is one of several convenient, easy-to-prepare, home remedies for arthritis treatment and a logical addition to any gouty arthritis diet. Along with tart cherry juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon water and baking soda pH drinks, these natural gout and arthritis cures will go a long way toward helping prevent the agonizing pain and disability associated with gout.
Black bean broth recipe for arthritis relief and gout cures
Prepare the broth from organic black beans. Follow the simple directions below.
1. Rinse about 7 ounces of black beans in cool water and clean very well, removing all grit and debris.
2. Cover the black beans with 2 quarts of filtered or purified water and bring to a boil. Keep the pot covered to preserve the liquid.
3. Reduce the heat and let the water and black bean mixture simmer for about 90 minutes.
4. When cooking is complete, strain the liquid and cool. The broth comprises the simple cure for gout.
5. Start by drinking 2 cups of the plain black bean broth once a day and observe its affects on your symptoms. Increase the quantity as needed for gout pain relief and an effective arthritis cure. The remainder of the broth should be refrigerated. It can be consumed either cold or reheated, but not in a microwave. The remaining black beans may be added in salads or other dishes and offer an additional nutrition.
Always make your black bean broth from organic beans to avoid chemicals, pesticides and GMOs. Obtain the optimal nutrients from organic beans for the treatment of arthritis and gout.
If you're sensitive to the broth and develop gas, try adding some kombu seaweed to the broth during cooking to help remove the substances that cause fermentation. It has no flavor. Remove kombu after cooking is complete. Additionally, you may want to take an anti-gas digestive enzyme to help eliminate any reaction.
Consume black bean broth as a natural gout treatment at the first sign of a gout attack. It can also be used to reduce joint and muscle pain from fibromyalgia, lessening stiffness, aching and pain.
JB Bardot is an herbalist and a classical homeopath, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine. You can find her at The JB Bardot Archives at www.jbbardot.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jbbardot23 or on Twitter at jbbardot23 or https://twitter.com/jbbardot23