(Natural News) The United States probably sabotaged the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines to provoke Russia and make Europe more reliant on American natural gas exports.
On Tuesday, Sept. 27, explosions occurred in the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines in the Baltic Sea in Northern Europe. Following the explosions, gas began pouring out of three areas in the critical pipelines supplying Europe with Russian natural gas.
The extent of the leak is still unclear, but rough estimates suggest that between 200,000 to 400,000 metric tons of methane (220,000 to 440,000 tons) may have spilled out of the pipelines before gas flows were halted. French scientist Jean-Francois Gauthier noted that just 250,000 metric tons (275,000 tons) of methane is equivalent to the exhausts of 1.3 million cars driven on the road for a whole year.
Fox News‘ Tucker Carlson said President Joe Biden would be very interested in finding ways to hurt Russia. He aired clips of Biden and Department of State Undersecretary for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland from earlier this year, suggesting that they would be willing to strike the Nord Stream pipelines if Russia attacked Ukraine.
“If Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward,” warned Nuland back in late January.
“If Russia invades … then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it,” said Biden back in February. “I promise you, we will be able to do that.” (Related: Nord Stream pipeline SABOTAGE clearly orchestrated by ruthless Biden regime: Nuland, Biden and Sen. Johnson all demanded “ending it permanently” by any means necessary.)
America stands to benefit the most from sabotaging the Nord Stream pipelines
With Russian natural gas unable to enter Europe in sufficient quantities to shore up the continent’s gas reserves for the winter, European nations will have to look to other exporters for natural gas, including the United States.
Russia has very little to gain from sabotaging the pipelines. Gazprom, a Russian state-owned energy company, owns 51 percent of the Nord Stream pipelines, with the remaining 49 percent owned by European corporations. Russian officials themselves have pointed out that the U.S. stands to benefit the most from Russian gas being unable to enter Europe through the Nord Stream pipelines.
“Who benefits from the pipeline rupture? The answer is on the surface,” noted the Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C. in a statement, strongly insinuating that the U.S. sabotaged the pipelines because America was unable to compete with Russian natural gas.
“Unable to offer a decent alternative to reliable and, not least of which, cheap gas supplies, the United States decided to ‘squeeze’ Russia as a competitor using non-commercial methods and sanctions,” continued the Russian Embassy.
As the energy dispute between Russia and Europe continues, the U.S. dollar has strengthened. In this context, it would seem apparent that America would be very motivated to keep the dispute going and get the continent to become more reliant on American natural gas exports to prop up the continent’s flailing currencies.
The U.S. has already doubled the amount of liquefied natural gas (LNG) it exports to Europe. During the first four months of 2022, 74 percent of American LNG exports went to Europe, compared to an annual average of 34 percent last year. With the Nord Stream pipelines out of commission, U.S. natural gas exports to Europe will likely surge.
More news on the energy crisis in Europe can be found at FuelSupply.news.
Watch this episode of “The Ben Armstrong Show” as host Ben Armstrong discusses whether or not the U.S. sabotaged the Nord Stream pipelines.
More related stories: