(Natural News) Dozens of Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths at Shanghai’s Donghai Elderly Care Hospital make the city’s residents question whether Beijing’s “zero-COVID” strategy for dealing with outbreaks is worth the human toll.
The financial hub has quickly become the epicenter of the communist nation’s latest coronavirus outbreak. Beijing ordered the city of 26 million to enter lockdown last month and ordered mass testing, forced quarantining and other measures as part of the Chinese Communist Party’s “zero-COVID” strategy. (Related: Shanghai extends COVID lockdown “indefinitely,” sparking rebellion.)
The citywide lockdown turned Shanghai into a city on the brink of collapse. It completely disrupted daily life and virtually all economic activity. Many residents, trapped in their apartment buildings, are unable to buy enough food through food delivery and grocery apps to last them until the end of the lockdown.
Chinese social media platforms are filled with videos from residents showing chaotic scenes of people rushing to buy food and other essential supplies. Others have even posted public pleas for relatives who require urgent aid but are not being cared for.
But this “zero-COVID” strategy did not prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the city. All it has done is destroy the city’s economy and starve people locked out of ways to procure essential supplies.
Donghai Elderly Care Hospital experienced dozens of deaths – but official reports claim zero COVID-19 deaths
One of the places that could serve as definitive proof that Beijing’s “zero-COVID” strategy has failed is the Donghai Elderly Care Hospital, a 1,800-bed facility that was ravaged by the recent outbreak.
In Donghai, multiple patients, doctors and care workers were infected with COVID-19. The facility’s employees even went on Chinese social media to post cries for help due to being overwhelmed by the number of cases. Relatives of Donghai patients even told Reuters on condition of anonymity that there have been several deaths.
From March 1 to April 9, Shanghai reported over 180,000 locally transmitted cases of COVID-19. On April 9 alone, the city reported more than 23,000 new local cases. Despite this, health authorities claim nobody has died and only one person experienced a severe bout of the virus.
One of the hospital’s patients, 99-year-old Lu, was a long-time resident of Donghai. Before the recent outbreak, her loved ones were confident that she would get round-the-clock care at the facility.
Lu had coronary heart disease and high blood pressure. Her relatives, who asked that she be identified only by her surname, were informed that she contracted COVID-19 on March 25. She was immediately placed in an isolation facility, away from the care workers most familiar with her situation, as would be normally done under China’s quarantine regulations.
Lu died seven days later. Health authorities listed her cause of death as due to her underlying medical conditions and not COVID-19.
Another casualty was Shen Peiming, 71, who died on April 10 without any relatives by her side. Due to severe COVID-19 lockdown regulations, none of her family members were able to visit her.
Shen had lived on and off in the hospital for three years, ever since a stroke partially paralyzed her. Much like Lu, Shen needed round-the-clock care. Attendants had to assist her with eating as she was unable to eat solids.
Before last month’s outbreak, Shen’s family was able to visit her every week. But these visits abruptly ended. By March 26, the family was informed that the facility had positive cases and many employees had to be quarantined.
When Shen died, none of her relatives were able to get to the hospital to learn what her cause of death was. One relative was repeatedly told differing, unclear answers by hospital staff. “How many times have there been lockdowns since 2020? They still don’t have experience managing this?” said the family member.
All they know is Shen did not have her doctor or any nurses familiar with her situation there to care for her.
“In the past, if there was an issue, they’d always call me. This time, there wasn’t even a voice message. She died so suddenly,” said Shen’s relative.
The hospital is asking Shen’s family to sign a form to cremate the deceased. The family is refusing to do so until they get a clear answer regarding her cause of death.
Read more COVID-related news at Pandemic.news.
Watch this video of clips coming out of Shanghai revealing the tyranny Beijing has imposed upon the city’s residents as part of its “zero-COVID” strategy.
This video is from the InfoWars channel on Brighteon.com.
More related stories:
Shanghai residents are being ASSAULTED by authorities for not complying with COVID-19 lockdown orders.
It’s not over: Globalists still using COVID-19 to MIND CONTROL people into submission.
Shanghai’s latest COVID lockdown has left the city in shambles: “Pushed to the brink of collapse.”
To keep its residents “safe” from COVID, Shanghai officials are starving people to death in their homes with new citywide lockdown.
Shanghai residents rush to stock up as Chinese officials place half the city under strict COVID-19 lockdown.