(Natural News) C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, who was supposed to moderate the second presidential debate before the Debate Commission screwed it up, has now admitted that he lied about his account being hacked after he tweeted Anthony Scaramucci for advice on how to respond to President Trump:
(Article republished from TheRightScoop.com)
In the statement given to @brianstelter Scully apologizes for two errors in judgement, the tweet to Anthony Scaramucci, and the claim that his Twitter account was hacked. pic.twitter.com/jm6zTIZLe3
— Robert Lang WBAL (@Reporterroblang) October 15, 2020
Remember, it wasn’t just the public Scully lied to, he also lied to C-SPAN who defended him:
— CSPAN (@cspan) October 9, 2020
But no more. C-SPAN suspended Skully shorlty before his statement:
C-SPAN suspended its political editor Steve Scully indefinitely Thursday after he admitted to lying about his Twitter feed being hacked when he was confronted about a questionable exchange with former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci.
The news came on the day of what was supposed to be a career highlight for the 30-year C-SPAN veteran. Scully was to moderate the second debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden, which was canceled after Trump would not agree to a virtual format because of his COVID-19 diagnosis.
A week ago, after Trump had criticized him as a “never Trumper,” Scully tweeted “@Scaramucci should I respond to Trump.” Scaramucci, a former Trump communications director and now a critic of the president, advised Scully to ignore him.
Scully said that when he saw his tweet had created a controversy, “I falsely claimed that my Twitter account had been hacked.”
“These were both errors in judgement for which I am totally responsible for,” Scully said. “I apologize.”
He said he let down his colleagues at C-SPAN, fellow news professionals and the debate commission. “I ask for their forgiveness as I try to move forward in a moment of reflection and disappointment in myself,” he said.
C-SPAN said Scully confessed to lying about the hack on Wednesday.
“He understands that he made a serious mistake,” the network said. “We were very saddened by this news and do not condone his actions.”
The debate commission did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Below is Bret Baier talking about how this looks for the debate commission, who he says already had black eyes:
WATCH: Fox News’ @BretBaier on C-SPAN suspending Steve Scully after he admitting lying about being hacked: “This is a big black eye for the debate commission." pic.twitter.com/PfIjcQjrYz
— TV News HQ (@TVNewsHQ) October 15, 2020
Scully also lied to the debate commission and this former White House Press Secretary who has tons of eggs on his face:
I spoke w @SteveScully Only interactions w Scaramucci he has had are a June 2018 tv & 2019 radio @cspan interview. He did not send the tweet. Steve is good man & will make an excellent @debates moderator. CSPAN does an amazing job of giving people unfiltered access #Debates2020
— Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) October 9, 2020
I think it’s safe to assume that Scully won’t be picked to moderate any more presidential debates.
Read more at: TheRightScoop.com and Lies.news