(Natural News) The Democrats are pushing really hard to get the so-called “Equality Act,” also known as House Resolution 5, signed into law following its passage by the U.S. House of Representatives back on May 17, 2019. And if they’re successful, parental authority over children in America will pretty much cease to exist.
If ratified, the Equality Act will so fundamentally and radically change civil rights laws that any objection to transgender mutilation and chemical castration, as one example – including by children’s own parents – will be deemed as illegal “discrimination” in the same way that refusing service to someone on the basis of his or her sex is unlawful.
A thorough analysis of the bill by various pro-life and pro-family organizations has revealed that the Equality Act, which was brought to bear thanks to the aggressive pro-LGBTQ changes that were made by the Obama administration, will:
• Force faith-based hospitals, physicians, and nurses to perform, assist, or otherwise participate in abortions, or else lose their medical licenses and freedom to practice or operate a care business
• Require that taxpayer dollars be used to fund abortions with no restrictions
• Mandate that all entities that provide health care for pregnancy and childbirth also perform abortions as a “medical related condition”
• Force women and men to share private, intimate spaces like restrooms, locker rooms, and health clubs
• Punish Catholic and Christian schools for having single-sex sports teams by disallowing them from competing against public school sports teams, which will no longer be allowed to have “discriminatory” single-sex teams
• Remove certification from Catholic and Christian schools that refuse to adopt the full gamut of LGBTQ “policies,” which are constantly changing
• End all women-only and men-only shelters for drug addicts and abuse victims
• Decertify all foster care and adoption agencies that refuse to place children with homosexual “guardians”
• Remove tax-exempt status from Catholic churches and agencies that fail to “celebrate” same-sex “weddings”
If the Equality Act gets signed into law, it will be the final nail in America’s coffin
This and more is how America as most of us have known it will cease to exist if the Democrats are successful in obliterating parental rights, freedom of religion, and other constitutional rights under the guise of creating “equality” for LGBTQs.
Sadly, the Republicans aren’t putting up as much of a fight against the Equality Act as they could, which is allowing it to move forward inch by inch, threatening to eradicate the freedom of Catholics, Christians, and other religious groups from living out their faith freely and in accordance with their doctrinal convictions.
“The ‘Equality Act’ is one egregious example of sexual progressives stepping up efforts to exclude from the public square those who live by the moral teachings of Moses and Jesus,” wrote the Honorable Robert Marshall, a former member of the Virginia House of Delegates, in a piece that was republished by LifeSiteNews.
“Anyone who disagrees or questions the LGBTQ agenda, abortion and ‘reproductive rights’ is described as guilty of depravity, bigotry and hatred, despite our following a faith based on loving God and loving our neighbor,” he adds.
If Catholics and Christians especially don’t want to be forced into abiding by the doctrines of secular humanism against their will, and in violation of the United States Constitution, then they need to speak up now, and loudly, against this leftist affront to not only religious liberty but also personal sovereignty.
Be sure to read Marshall’s full piece in its entirety at LifeSiteNews.
You can also learn more about the relentless assault by government against the freedoms and liberties our founders shed their blood to protect at Freedom.news.
Sources for this article include: