(Natural News) A study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that the essential oil extracted from garden angelica (Angelica archangelica) plant has potent anti-inflammatory properties. In the study, the anti-inflammatory properties of garden angelica essential oil were explored in a lab trial.
- A team of researchers from Italy looked at the anti-inflammatory potential of garden angelica essential oil using a cell model.
- The research team induced inflammation in cells by treating them with lipopolysaccharides.
- They used non-toxic concentrations to treat for anti-inflammatory capacity.
- The results of the study showed that garden angelica essential oil caused cell death and necrosis at high doses in the cell model used.
- In addition, garden angelica essential oil reduced the levels of the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 (IL-6) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells.
- It also reduced inflammation in endothelial and intestinal epithelial cells.
In conclusion, the findings of the study indicate that garden angelica essential oil may be used as a natural remedy for fighting inflammation.
To read more studies on the health benefits of essential oils from plants like garden angelica, visit EssentialOils.news.
Fraternale D, Teodori L, Rudov A, Prattichizzo F, Olivieri F, Guidarelli A, Albertini MC. THE IN VITRO ACTIVITY OF ANGELICA ARCHANGELICA L. ESSENTIAL OIL ON INFLAMMATION. Journal of Medicinal Food. 12 December 2018; 21(12). DOI: 10.1089/jmf.2018.0017