(Natural News) Do you have amalgam (mercury-based) cavity fillings in your mouth? If so, the radiation released from your mobile phone, smart meter, wi-fi router, and pretty much every other source of electromagnetic pollution could be causing more of that mercury than normal to be released into your body.
New research has revealed that electromagnetic frequencies (EMF), which absolutely saturate our modern world, directly interact with amalgam fillings and cause their mercury content to basically come loose. This mercury is then absorbed into bodily tissue and the bloodstream, where it has the potential to cause systemic neurotoxicity.
Other research has already confirmed that mercury vapor is continuously released by amalgam fillings, and up to 80 percent of this vapor is immediately absorbed through the lungs where it immediately enters the bloodstream. Once in a person’s blood, this mercury then has the capacity to enter cells almost instantaneously.
According to Dr. Russell Blaylock, the systems of the body that suffer the most from mercury exposure include the nervous, immune, and cardiovascular systems. Mercury toxicity is also associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and neurodegeneration.
Amalgam fillings actually produce their own electrical currents that interact with EMFs
As it turns out, amalgam fillings themselves are electrically charged, and these currents encourage the release of mercury vapor. Known as galvanism, this process can actually be clinically measured in terms of micro amps, with some measurements showing electrical current releases of more than five micro amps.
Clinical studies on galvanism have determined that currents over five micro amps can cause a person to experience severe headaches, migraines, dizziness, and nausea – symptoms that are exacerbated when galvanism is increased due to EMF exposure.
One clinical study found that electrical potential differences from EMFs in excess of 50 millivolts can not only trigger more extreme galvanism, but also leukoplakia, oral lichen planus, and various toxic and allergic reactions to restorations.
Human studies have revealed that chronic exposure to EMFs, including microwaves and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans are associated with higher levels of mercury both in the blood and in human waste. A 2008 study found that immediately after an MRI, a person’s salivary mercury levels are, on average, 31 percent higher than prior to the scan.
EMF exposure is also associated with disruptions in calcium homeostasis, which is believed to be a factor in melatonin deficiencies. Not only is the melatonin hormone necessary for proper sleep cycles, but it also helps to protect against mercury toxicity and free radical damage.
Get your amalgam fillings removed and stay away from EMFs
The best thing a person can do to avoid these potential problems is to first have all of their amalgam fillings removed and replaced with non-toxic alternatives. It’s also a good idea for everyone, including those with no mercury in their mouths, to stay away from EMFs whenever possible in order to minimize their risk of cell damage and chemical toxicity.
Lloyd Burrell from NaturalHealth365.com recommends minimizing cell phone use; avoiding exposure to wi-fi routers whenever possible (including by turning them off at night); placing one’s laptop on a table rather than on the lap; and moving your bed at least six inches away from the wall, which is where all the wiring is located.
“An excellent way of understanding your EMF exposures is to equip yourself with an EMF meter like the Trifield 100XE – so that you can identify hotspots and take remedial action,” he further adds as a suggestion.
You can learn more about Burrell’s EMF solutions by visiting his website at ElectricSense.com.
Sources for this article include: