(Natural News) Aside from the possibility of being distracted and being prone to causing accidents on the road, people who drive while using their cellular phones are at greater risk of radio frequency phone signals that move along several wireless towers.
“Those waves have to boost up from your cell phone to find the towers. If you’re in an elevator, same thing,” Dr. Mehmet Oz of The Dr. Oz Show fame, said.
The principle behind this phenomenon follows: Cell phones give off the most radiation when they are trying to connect to cellular towers; if a phone is in transit, or situated in an area where there is weak signal, the phone has to try harder to get the signal it needs, therefore emitting more radiation.
This kind of radiation has much the same effect to people as the radiation that food gets subjected to inside microwave ovens. “What microwave radiation does in most simplistic terms is similar to what happens to food in microwaves, essentially cooking the brain,” Dr. Keith Black, chairman of neurology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, said.
“So in addition to leading to leading to a development of cancer and tumors, there could be a whole host of other effects like cognitive memory function, since the memory temporal lobes are where we hold our cell phones,” Dr. Black added. (Related: Cell phone radiation – is your phone killing your sperm?)
Imagine, then, that your car has Wi-Fi. In that scenario, you are the figurative food, and your car is the figurative microwave oven. According to ElectricSense.com, these are the symptoms of getting exposed to too much radiation from the global positioning system (GPS) technology installed inside your car.
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other learning disabilities
- Asthma, coughing, and other respiratory problems
- Behavioral and mood issues, changes, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Diarrhea, nausea, and other digestive issues
- Disorientation, dizziness, vertigo, and balance issues
- Endocrine and thyroid issues
- Muscular weakness and failure
- Sinus issues and allergies
- Vision issues and poor eye health
- Blood pressure abnormalities
- Cardiac issues, heart arrhythmia, palpitations
- Confusion, inability to concentrate
- Chemical sensitivities
- Dental issues
- Diabetes, blood sugar fluctuations and conditions
- Food sensitivities
- Hair loss or thinning
- Hearing difficulties, sensitivity to noise, ringing in ears/tinnitus
- Headaches, migraines, seizures, strokes
- Hormonal changes, issues
- Insomnia, changes in sleep habits
- Memory loss
- Muscular weakness and failure
- Nose bleeds
- Rapid aging syndrome
- Sensitivity to light
- Skin issues, rashes, etc.
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Urinary issues, incontinence, infections
California firefighters fought against installation of cell tower infrastructure
Senate Bill 649, which postulates that cell towers can be constructed by telecommunications companies without being subject to the local government units, has been opposed by firefighters in the state, claiming that they suffer from health claims because of their erection.
As a matter of fact, a 2004 single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) brain scan study of firefighters in central California showed brain abnormalities in all of the firefighters tested as well as lack of impulse control, delayed reaction time, and cognitive impairment.
The firefighters did not undergo HazMat (hazardous materials) duty, so chemical exposure was ruled out. Also, the firefighters had issues such as headaches, lack of focus, memory loss, and sleep disturbances after a cellular tower was installed near their station five years ago.
For more stories regarding all kinds of radiation, may they be electric, electromagnetic, or nuclear, visit Radiation.news today.