(Natural News) Researchers from China have identified a traditional Chinese medical formulation that can increase the odds of getting past colorectal cancer. The study, published in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, looked at the effect of the Chinese medicine Jianpi Jiedu on the survival rates of patients with stage 2 and 3 colorectal cancer.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy were assigned into two groups, namely, the ones that only received chemotherapy and those that had both chemotherapy and Jianpi Jiedu.
- The trial ran for three months, during which researchers noted patients’ survival time, relapse and metastasis, and cause of death.
- To understand the effects of these independent factors on a patient’s survival rate, the team used Cox proportional hazard regression.
- The group that received Jianpi Jiedu had a higher survival rate than those that only received chemotherapy. In particular, average survival time for those treated with Jianpi Jiedu was prolonged by six months.
- Based on the results of the Cox regression analysis, a combination of combining Jianpi Jiedu with chemotherapy had a protective effect on patients, based on their improved survival rates.
The researchers concluded that Jianpi Jiedu can increase the survival rate of patients with stage 2 or 3 colorectal cancer.
Learn more about natural ways to treat colorectal cancer at Cancer.news.
Lin FX, Tian LF, Lei CY, Ding CC, Shi L, Zhang SF. CHINESE MEDICINE FOR OUTCOMES IN COLORECTAL CANCER PATIENTS: A RETROSPECTIVE CLINICAL STUDY. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine. 7 July 2016;23(9):648–653. DOI: 10.1007/s11655-016-2581-3