(Natural News) More cases of psychiatric disorders, such as anxiety and depression, are being diagnosed and treated worldwide. Conventional treatments for these diseases include the use of psychotropic and antidepressant drugs. However, there are also general practitioners that prescribe the use of homeopathy either in addition to or as a complete alternative to conventional medicine. A study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine revealed that patients prescribed homeopathic remedies experienced significant improvements over patients that were only given conventional care.
- Psychotropic drugs that are prescribed to patients with psychiatric disorders have been shown to cause adverse side effects. Additionally, psychotropic drugs are often expensive and are therefore inaccessible to some patients.
- Homeopathic treatment of psychiatric disorders is highly prevalent.
- A population-based epidemiological cohort study was conducted to determine the effects of homeopathic prescription on patients with psychiatric disorders.
- There were three main groups that were observed on the study: patients that consulted with practitioners that strictly prescribe conventional medicines, those that consulted with practitioners that mix homeopathy and conventional treatment, and patients that consulted with certified homeopathic practitioners.
- Information was collected through a medical questionnaire and a series of follow-up interviews.
From the data that the researchers collected, they were able to determine that patients that were prescribed with homeopathic treatment had lower use of psychotropic drugs and experienced significant improvements in their conditions compared to patients that were given conventional care. The researchers attributed these results to the inefficacy of psychotropic drugs and effective homeopathic management.
Read the full text of the study at this link.
Learn more about how homeopathic medical practice can improve depression by visiting Health.news today.
Grimaldi-Bensouda L, Abenhaim L, Massol J, Guillemot D, Avouac B, Duru G, Lert F, Magnier A-M, Rossignol M, Rouillon F, et al. HOMEOPATHIC MEDICAL PRACTICE FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION IN PRIMARY CARE: THE EPI3 COHORT STUDY. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 4 May 2016;16(125). DOI: 10.1186/s12906-016-1104-2