(Natural News) There’s no doubt that anxiety can come from a wide array of sources. Whether it’s from work, school or home, there’s no shortage of stressors that can contribute to the onset of anxiety. But there is one source of anxiety that often goes overlooked: Medication. The prescription drugs you’re taking for other ailments, like menstrual cramps or attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), can indeed cause anxiety to spike.
Is it any surprise that Big Pharma is making people sick, both physically and mentally? Millions of lives have already been lost, thanks to a profit-driven pharmaceutical industry that is more interested in finding new ways to turn human beings into cash-cows than finding cures. Anxiety is one of the most common mental health conditions people in the United States have to face — and the fact that so many different pharmaceuticals can cause it is no coincidence.
Pharmaceuticals that may be giving you anxiety
There are a host of medications that can contribute to or cause anxiety issues. Side effects, after all, are practically the cornerstone of modern medicine. Here are some of the most common medicines that may be making you anxious:
- Headache and migraine medications with caffeine: Over-the-counter (OTC) medications with caffeine may promise pain relief fast, but the stimulating effects of caffeine can come with a steep price-tag: Your well-being. Many people find caffeine gives them anxiety, even in small amounts. Further, Roland Griffiths, a professor of psychiatry and neuroscience at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, has reportedly stated that caffeine is a “mood-altering drug.”
- ADHD medications and other stimulants: Experts suggest that up to 40 percent of people with ADHD also struggle with an anxiety disorder, with some estimates indicating that figure may be closer to 50 percent. Many ADHD drugs, like Adderall or Ritalin, can cause anxiety symptoms to flare. In many cases, an antidepressant will be prescribed alongside the ADHD drug — even though the drugs themselves seem to be the problem.
- Birth control pills: Recent research has shown that oral birth control can cause anxiety and other issues. The pill does this by physically changing key structures of the brain.
- Thyroid medications: Drugs like Nature-Thyroid and NP Thyroid can cause anxiety as a side-effect.
- Asthma drugs: Asthma in and of itself can give patients anxiety, but many of the drugs used in treatment may cause it as well. Reports indicate that common asthma drugs can cause or worsen mood disorders like depression and anxiety.
- Corticosterioids: These drugs are linked to changes in mood and may cause anxiety, irritability or other issues.
- Blood pressure medication: As if people with high blood pressure don’t have enough to worry about, Be Brain Fit reports these drugs can spike anxiety, too.
This is by no means an exhaustive list: The side effects of pharmaceutical drugs are virtually limitless, and truly any medication is capable of causing unwanted effects. Many times, these kinds of side effects go unattributed to the real source: Big Pharma.
As Sayer Ji, of Green Med Info, recently stated, “Within our present dominant medical system, healing has not simply been forgotten but intentionally exorcized as it represents the antithesis of perpetual profitability which requires the incurability of the human body.” Ji posits that modern medicine is a form of human sacrifice in disguise.
Pharmaceuticals aren’t just making people sick, modern medicine is literally killing people — and the death toll is increasing every year. Meanwhile, plant medicines that actually heal people are being demonized by corrupt federal agencies. Even as Big Pharma uses medicinal plants like cannabis and kratom to make new drugs, the plants themselves remain highly illegal for everyday Americans. Plant medicines, whether in the form of herbs like turmeric or simply the plants you eat as part of a healthy diet, are integral to human health.
You can learn more about what heals and what harms at Medicine.news.
Sources for this article include: