(Natural News) Insomnia is a sleep disorder that makes it difficult to sleep soundly at night. However, even if an insomniac falls asleep, it isn’t enough for his/her body to get the adequate rest it needs so it can function well the next morning.
If you have insomnia, you may suffer from “poor sleep quality, restless sleep, waking up several times during the sleep, and feeling un-refreshed or tired after waking up.”
Thankfully, a natural medical system called homeopathy can offer relief for patients with this sleeping disorder.
A cure for insomnia
There are three varieties of insomnia: Transient, acute and chronic. The sleep disorder can also be caused by various factors such as:
- Emotional disturbance
- Medical reasons (e.g., breathing disorders, heart diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, and thyroid problems)
- Stimulants (e.g., alcohol and coffee)
- Stress (e.g., personal, school-, or work-related)
Unlike medication that may have negative side effects, homeopathy is a safe method that can be used to treat the root cause of the disorder. Homeopathy offers a natural way of inducing sleep, and it can help improve sleep quality.
Homeopathy is a science that is based on individualization and not on a specific kind of drug. A detailed case history is necessary for homeopathy since practitioners will need to review it before they can offer natural and effective remedies to patients.
Homeopathic remedies for insomnia
Below are some natural homeopathic remedies that can help address insomnia:
- Coffea Cruda/Coffea arabica – Coffea Cruda, which comes from unroasted coffee beans, is recommended for insomniacs experiencing nervous sleeplessness due to a rush of ideas or mental activity. It can also treat sleeplessness in light sleepers or those who have too many dreams. Additionally, Coffea Cruda can help patients who only sleep until 3 a.m. and those who sleep intermittently. (Related: Homeopathic Remedies Treat Insomnia.)
- Kali phosphoricum (Kali phos) – Kali phosphoricum, also called potassium phosphate or potash, is a cell salt that can help address “mental or physical exhaustion.” Kali phos can help treat sleeplessness caused by excitement, mental exertion, overwork, stress, and worry. It can also help address sleeplessness that occurs during the latter part of the night and insomnia linked to extreme weakness.
- Nux vomica – Nux vomica, a herb that comes from the strychnine tree, is also commonly called “Quaker button.” Patients who have poor quality sleep can benefit from this treatment, especially if they go to bed early and wake up at around 3 to 4 a.m. Nux vomica can also address sleeplessness caused by “stress and tensions of modern daily life.” It can also help people who drink too much tea and coffee.
- Passionflower – Passiflora incarnata, which comes from a perennial vine that grows in Central America and in the southern U.S., is recommended for insomniacs who are “wakeful and restless.” The remedy can help calm down a patient’s nervous system. It can also prevent sleeplessness aggravated by meals, mental excitement, and mental worries. Passiflora incarnata can also address insomnia in nervous patients and those with a morphine habit.
Consult a practitioner before taking any of the remedies recommended above. With proper guidance, even individuals suffering from insomnia can also enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Read more articles about homeopathy and how it can help address insomnia at NaturalCures.news.