(Natural News) An individual with recurring illnesses and chronic diseases may experience a build-up of toxins in the body. Their condition may also worsen if their diet consists of food that contains preservatives, which can hamper the normal functions of major organs in the body.
If these organs aren’t in peak condition, the aches and pains you may be feeling may also lower your immune system. You can detoxify by drinking lots of water and changing your diet, but a more effective way of detoxification is through acupressure points and reflexology.
Why do we detoxify?
Detoxification is necessary so the organs can function properly. Some reasons to detox include:
- Boosting the immune system — Regularly detoxifying the major organs like the lungs and skin can improve the functions of the immune system. This makes it so that your body can fight off bacteria and viruses that cause colds and the flu. (Related: Acupressure and Acu-Yoga expert Michael Reed Gach, Ph.D. shares the best techniques for self-healing.)
- Enhance mental clarity — When your body is healthier, you will have more energy to spend on boosting your mental and emotional clarity. With a clearer mind, you can work better and faster.
- Flushing out toxins — “Environmental pollution, pesticides, chemicals and waste” stored in the body can impede the immune system. A build-up of toxins can also lead to fatal diseases like cancer, joint pain, arthritis, etc., and these must be flushed from the body regularly to avoid this.
- Preventing chronic diseases — A build-up of toxins in the body is the major cause of various types of cancers, heart disease and strokes, and other health concerns. Regular detoxification can reduce your risk for these chronic diseases.
- Weight loss — High levels of toxins in the body hampers its ability to metabolize stored fat and balance blood glucose. This can cause a slower metabolism and weight gain along with chronic diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes.
The 7 acupressure points for detoxification
Use acupressure and reflexology to detoxify your body and boost your immune system. Acupressure can also be used for pain relief, as detailed in some of the points listed below. These seven pressure points can help you clear away toxins by stimulating the flow of qi flow in several essential detoxification organs:
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|
- Great Rushing — This point can be found on “the webbing between the big and the second toes,” stimulating this point on both feet alternately can regulate and refresh the liver, the “most important detoxifying organ.” Use acupressure on this point if you are having problems, menstrual cramps, headaches, lower back pain, and sleeping disorders.
- Inner Gate — This point is on the palm side of the hand and three finger widths above the wrist crease in the middle of the arm. Stimulating this point on both arms alternately can help manage the flow of qi in the stomach, heart, and liver. Use this point for persistent coughs.
- Lower Sea of Qi — This point is three finger widths below the belly button, on the midline of the body. This is meant to revitalize you and strengthen your immune system. It can also help relieve headaches, body aches, abdominal cramps, constipation, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and general weakness.
- Shu Mansion — This point is in the hollow just below your collarbone, stimulating this point on both sides alternately can help regulate the functions of the kidney, another important detoxification organ. Aside from clearing toxins from the kidney, the point can help deal with nasal congestion and problems with breathing, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Three Yin Crossing — This point is three finger-widths above the inner ankle bone along the back of the tibia. Stimulate this point on both the legs alternately. The point can also help reduce knee pain, lower back pain, and stress. Use this point to alleviate PMS, irregular menstruation, insomnia, and dizziness. Avoid this point during pregnancy.
- Union Valley — This point is in the webbing between the thumb and the index finger, stimulating this point on both hands alternately can help flush out toxins through the bowels. The point can also help treat skin disorders, allergies, headache, fever, toothaches, and eye problems. Take note that this is another point that must not be stimulated during pregnancy.
- Upper Sea of Qi — This point is just below the center of the breastbone, stimulating this point can clear the chest and allow qi to flow in the lungs. It can also help boost the immune system and relieve anxiety and stress.
Along with a healthy diet and proper exercise, these seven easy reflexology points can help you detox and avoid diseases like cold, flu, diabetes, and cardiovascular problems.
You can read more articles about acupressure and other natural methods of pain relief at Healing.news.