(Natural News) If you want to be healthy, you should not only take care of your physical well-being, but also your mental health. Being happy and positive in life is one way. Follow these tips to improve your mood and live a healthier, happier life. (h/t to TheWellnessCenter.com.)
- Get enough sleep – One of the simplest ways to be happy is to get the right amount of sleep. Sleeping or taking power naps make you feel refreshed. It also enhances your mood and improves concentration and productivity. Not enough or poor quality sleep can cause irritability, short-temperedness, and stress.
- Go outdoors – Traveling or just being outdoors can make you happier by boosting your mood and providing relaxation. In fact, a study found that breathing fresh air and spending time outdoors can boost your self-esteem and make you happier and healthier. Spend time in a park or go to a beach to relieve stress.
- Be physically active – Exercise does not only provide physical benefits, but mental benefits as well. When you exercise, the body releases endorphins that enhance the mood, and reduces the stress hormone known as cortisol. Research also shows that it can help ease both short-term and long-term depression.
- Listen to music – Studies have shown the link between music and mood. Listening to music affects a person’s mood. If you listen to sad songs, most likely it will make you feel sad too. So, it is better to not to listen to these songs if you want to be happy. Be sure to listen to happy, upbeat songs to uplift your mood.
- Learn something new – Doing something you’ve always wanted to do, or learning something new will give you the sense of accomplishment. This in turn, can enhance your self-esteem and will make you happy.
- Learn to let go – Stop worrying and holding on to grudges that hurt you and make you feel stressed. Although learning to let go takes time, there is no harm in trying.
- Eat right – Eat more nutritious food such as fruits and vegetables. Having a healthy body means also having a healthy mind. Don’t skip meals as this will make you feel hungry and in turn put you in a bad mood. Avoid sugary foods as well.
- Write to de-stress – Whenever you feel stressed, you need an outlet to release it. A productive way to release stress is to write your thoughts down. Writing helps channel stress and all the negative thoughts.
- Dress up – Whenever you feel down, dress up. Dressing up is an efficient way to boost your self-confidence, which makes you happy. Clothes can affect your mood in different ways. It can make you exercise harder, feel powerful, a better thinker and smarter, and focus better.
- Keep your mind occupied – Doing something or keeping yourself busy, in a good way, will distract you from negative thoughts. You can do this by doing chores, going on a vacation, or just simply talking to a friend.
- Help others – Whenever you do something good to other people, it makes them happy, which in turn makes you happy too. It is a win-win situation. It does not matter if it’s something big or small, as long as you put a smile on someone’s face.
- Be thankful – Being grateful for even the small things is a way to boost positive emotions.
- Take care of yourself – Do not forget to take care of your self and never compromise on your health.
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|
Read more stories on positive tips at NaturalNewsTips.com.