(Natural News) If the decay of our constitutional system and the general success of the progressive movement over the past one hundred plus years all seems like some kind of elaborate plot unfolding before our very eyes, that’s because it is. The liberals know that they can’t just introduce totalitarianism overnight, as much as they might want to. Rather, the process must be slow and steady; so slow and steady, in fact, that most Americans don’t even realize what’s happening.
Recently, Donna Calvin of BeliefNet.com published a list of the 45 communist goals as read into the congressional record in the year 1963 by Hon. A. S. Herlong Jr. of Florida, who was quoting from Cleon Skousen’s book “The Naked Communist.” The 45 steps towards the introduction of a communist state are as follows:
- U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war
The statists among us must weaken our country to the point where the people believe surrender and coexistence is more important than military strength and national security. To do this, they often use scare tactics, such as the idea that the only alternative to coexistence is atomic war.
- U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war
Much like goal number one, the idea here is to make the people believe that surrender is the only real, legitimate option.
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength
You often hear the liberals say that the United States should adopt stricter gun laws because it is the moral thing to do. This too is just another step in their elaborate plan to bring about totalitarianism in America – they need you to be unarmed and incapable of defending yourself.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war
Put simply, this is a tactic used to get the people to let their guard down when it comes to the advancement of foreign communist nations.
- Extension of long-term loans to Russian and Soviet satellites
If the goal is to put America on a path towards totalitarianism, then it only makes sense that those seeking this transformation would want to force us to follow behind nations who are already there.
- Provide foreign aid to all nations regardless of communist domination
The transformation of America into a communist country requires us to be actively supporting other communist nations around the world.
- Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
In order for totalitarianism in the United States to be more widely accepted, it is crucial that the statists bolster up the idea of communism on the global stage.
- Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
To those who embrace the rise of communism, the destruction of individual liberty is the ultimate goal. It is imperative that they do away with free elections and make moves to consolidate power into fewer and fewer hands.
- Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress
If communism is to become the dominant ideology, then those who might resist must be rendered defenseless. America’s military strength has got to be diminished if a centralized authority is to successfully take over.
- Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
The injection of more Soviet propaganda into American society will only make the progressives’ quest to bring about a tyrannical state more acceptable to the public.
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
The U.N. is the primary vehicle that the left uses to amass more and more power into the hands of fewer and fewer. As such, the public must view it in a positive light and embrace its existence.
- Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party
Obviously, if communism is to become the dominant ideology in the United States, then the Communist Party cannot be outlawed.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths
All loyalty oaths must be done away with so that the people become solely committed to the communist state and nothing else.
- Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. patent office.
In the left’s slow and steady journey to bring about communism in the United States, close cooperation with the Russian government is key.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States
It’s obvious that the communists and the statists have taken over the Democrat Party, and there is a strong argument to be made that they are beginning to take over the Republican Party as well.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights
One of the best examples of this is the left’s assault on the institution of marriage, which they insist must be redefined to include same-sex couples so as to protect the civil rights of all Americans.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
The introduction of communist propaganda in to America’s education system is an area where the Left has been incredibly successful. They are brainwashing an entire generation through various lectures and textbooks, all of which promote, in one way or another, big government.
- Gain control of all student newspapers
If the goal is to successfully brainwash the upcoming generation with communist propaganda, it only makes sense that the communists would need to gain control of all student newspapers.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack
The progressives know that they should never let a tragedy go to waste. If a particularly tense or even violent situation can be exploited to advance the communist agenda, then it will be.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
The press is a very powerful tool when it comes to getting the public to think a certain way, and the progressives know it.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures
By infiltrating radio, television and Hollywood, the statists can more easily promote their totalitarian agenda to the American people.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expressions. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
In order to establish a communist state, American culture must be done away with. We see this all the time when the left insists on taking down certain historical statues and public displays of the Ten Commandments.
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
Once again, if a communist state is to be established, American traditions and culture must be diminished.
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press
The modern day progressives seem to be doing the exact opposite of this step. Instead of eliminating censorship laws, they are moving the United States closer towards tyranny by openly embracing them.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV
America’s embrace of pornography and obscene realty television shows is a clear indication that, at least with regards to this particular step, the statists are succeeding.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
The statists among us promote the idea that homosexuality and promiscuity are normal and natural, and the public is more than happy to play along. This helps bring about the decay of the civil society at a more rapid rate.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with social religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
Religion and the Bible are to be discredited so that a centralized state can become more widely accepted. All traditions and values of the past must be expelled from American society.
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of separation of church and state
Despite the fact that the phrase “separation of church and state” has been twisted and morphed over the past couple of centuries, the progressives see it as a vehicle to detach the American people from their religious roots.
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis
The statists understand that the Constitution was originally written in order to restrain the federal government and protect individual liberty, neither of which are acceptable if communism is to become the dominant ideology in America. Therefore, the Constitution must be entirely discarded.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
Much like the Constitution, the Founding Fathers must be discredited, because their ideas go against everything that communism stands for.
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the grounds that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
If upcoming generations are taught accurate American history, then they will know how to avoid the mistakes of the past, or worse, possibly even appreciate our country’s unique founding. As such, American history is to be minimalized and rendered unimportant.
- Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
If communism is to take over America, then no part of American society can remain unregulated or free from government control.
- Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus
All things that stand in the way of the establishment of a totalitarian system, such as the United States Constitution, must be done away with if any progress is to be made.
- Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities
The House Committee on Un-American Activities, which investigated allegations of communist activity during the start of the Cold War, was to be done away with. It has been.
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI
If the goal is to introduce a new oppressive set of laws in the United States, then obviously the old laws – and those who work to enforce them – have to go. The existence of the FBI would be a threat to a rising communist state.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions
The more control over the various parts of American society that the statists can obtain, the better it will be for them.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business
A true communist state cannot sustain itself while the people are allowed to actively participate in a free market economic system. Therefore, the statists must infiltrate and gain control over big business and the means of production.
- Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
Even one’s mental health and the treatment they receive to stabilize it is to be controlled by the government.
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals
Rebels are not to be tolerated. As such, the statists believe in taking over the health industry and the psychiatric profession as a means of ensuring that there will be complete conformity.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
Family values have been a part of American society since the time of our founding. In order to bring about societal decay, the family unit must be broken apart.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
Under a communist system, the state has to be to sole provider, not the parents. As such, mothers and fathers are to be rendered irrelevant.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
The progressives feed off of chaos, because more times than not they can exploit it for their own personal gain. Many of them even encourage it, and brainwash the public into thinking that rioting in the name of what they think is virtuous is morally acceptable.
- Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government
Self-government cannot exist if tyranny is to gain a foothold. The only government that can legitimately be established is centralized and of a totalitarian nature
- Internationalize the Panama Canal
Internationalizing the Panama Canal will bring America and the entire world that much closer to the establishment of an all-powerful centralized state.
- Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court
The establishment of a World Court will no doubt bring America and the rest of the world closer to a New World Order, whereby individual liberty is discarded and power is to be surrendered to a massive governmental leviathan.