(NaturalNews) The superfood tag is awarded to nutrient-dense foods, which pack more nutrients or antioxidants per bite than most other foods. Superfoods are food, not just nutritional extracts, minerals, or vitamins sold as supplements to food, such as B complex capsules, etc.
One may survive on a couple of superfoods, but as meals they aren't very fulfilling. Nevertheless, as foods, the body accepts them more easily than most extracted supplements. So eat good food with added superfoods as well.
Here are seven to consider
(1) Chlorella is treated by most as a supplement. But it is a food, actually. Around the end of WW II, it was considered as a solution for world hunger because it's so easy to culture and harvest from fresh water ponds or man-made pools.
That idea was abandoned because chlorella cell walls were too tough to digest. But a technique has been developed to break the cell walls mechanically without damaging the algae.
Today, most chlorella brands will say "broken cell walls" indicating the nutrients are readily assimilable. Chlorella growth factor (CGF) helps regenerate cells slow aging issues. It also chelates heavy metals to remove them from the body more than any other green superfood. Mike Adams elaborates here: http://www.naturalnews.com/030030_chlorella_superfood.html
(2) Spirulina or blue-green algae is another condensed green superfood. Commonly considered an algae, technically it's considered a type of single cell beneficial bacteria or a crossover between bacteria and algae, containing elements of both.
(3) Kale demands an acquired taste. But juicing it with carrots and some apple allows it to go down easily. Slow juicing with a masticating juicer renders kale's power packed nutrient package even more condensed with all its enzymes intact. More here: http://www.healingfoodreference.com/kale.html
(4) Cacao offers a superfood that's easier to eat - chocolate. Cacao is the basis of chocolate, and it has the highest ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) rating of all foods.
You can grind cacao beans and put them into hot milk or coffee. Or you can eat dark or semi-sweet chocolate candies that are at least 70 percent cacao. Cacao/dark chocolate protects against cardiovascular problems and improves brain function. (http://www.naturalnews.com)
(5) Chia seeds are high in omega-3 and unlike flax seeds, they don't have to be ground. They are a little pricey compared to flax seeds, but they offer more nutrients and also protect against heart disease. (http://www.greenmedinfo.com)
(6) Hemp seeds and oils from Canada are available at better health stores and online. They provide what most consider the perfect balance of omega-3, 6, and 9.
They are high in other basic nutrients and fiber while offering a complete vegetable protein. Hemp seeds and oils also contain anti-carcinogenic and heart health boosting micro-nutrients.
Growing "industrial" hemp is legal in Canada because it contains practically no THC (the stuff that gets you high). Yet the U.S. still prohibits growing hemp on U.S. lands.
(7) Noni juice that's raw and not denatured. It's immune enhancing and medicinal, unlike the overpriced stuff from multi-level marketing groups that's reconstituted from frozen concentrates and sweetened.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com