(NaturalNews) A healthy breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, as it provides fresh fuel for your brain and body, and kick starts your metabolism for sustained energy production throughout the day. But what exactly is a healthy breakfast, and how can you be sure to avoid dangerous toxins like genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) when eating one? Here are six delicious GMO-free breakfast ideas for you and your family to try:
1) Organic, pasture-raised eggs. Not all eggs are the same, and any store-bought egg that is not certified organic is sure to have come from a chicken fed GMO feed. But whole eggs are an excellent source of protein, cholesterol, and healthy fats, which makes them an excellent choice for a healthy breakfast. So be sure to purchase only certified organic eggs, or if you can afford them, organic pasture-raised eggs with rich, dark yolks. You may even be able to find local eggs from a backyard farmer -- or perhaps raise your own GMO-free roaming chickens in your own backyard.
2) 'Green' protein smoothies. Protein is an essential component of any healthy breakfast, especially for active individuals. And a great way to get this protein in GMO-free form is through protein shakes made with organic whey, hemp, rice, or other forms of protein. If you use milk in your smoothies, be sure to use only certified organic, and particularly raw organic from a local dairy (if you can find it). You can also throw some high-quality organic "green" powders into your mornings smoothies for an extra energy kick.
3) Nature's Path breakfast cereals. If you are rushed for time in the mornings and still enjoy a simple bowl of cereal for breakfast, the Nature's Path breakfast cereal line is an excellent GMO-free option. The family-owned company uses only all-natural, organic ingredients in its extensive cereal line, and boasts the highly-reputed Non-GMO Project certified emblem on all of its products. There are, of course, various other non-GMO, certified organic breakfast cereals on the market as well that are great alternatives to Kellogg's, General Mills, Post, and other GMO-laden brands.
4) Organic quinoa with chia seeds. If you are a fan of hot cereals for breakfast, why not try cooking up some organic quinoa and mixing it with fresh, raw milk and butter, nuts, honey, dried fruit, cinnamon, omega-3-rich chia seeds, and various other natural toppings in the same way you would a bowl of oatmeal? Quinoa is high in protein, non-GMO, and a great alternative to conventional oatmeal packets that are often loaded with GM sugar and other unnatural additives.
5) Organic apples with almond butter. Studies have found that apples may actually be more energizing than a cup of coffee in the morning, which means that can play an important role in a healthy, energizing breakfast. Since apples are not particularly high in protein on their own, try spreading fresh almond butter on individual slices. For an added flavor and nutrient kick, you can also sprinkle some trace mineral-rich pink Himalayan salt on the almond butter -- delicious!
6) Raw yogurt with fresh fruit, nuts. If you can find it, raw yogurt made from organic milk is an excellent source of protein, enzymes, and probiotic bacteria, all of which will help get your body moving in the morning. If raw yogurt is not an option, find an organic, non-homogenized variety high in protein, and simply add fresh fruit, nuts, honey, or any other toppings you enjoy for a tasty, nutritious, and easy-to-prepare breakfast.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com