(NaturalNews) More than 200 million Americans today are forcibly exposed to toxic fluoride through their public water supplies, and many more are exposed through the general food supply, much of which is made and processed with fluoridated water. And aside from installing a whole-house reverse osmosis water filtration system and growing all your own food at home, there is little that can be done to avoid fluoride exposure in some capacity.
The good news; however, is that there are practical steps you can take to detoxify your body of fluoride naturally, despite the fact that the chemical ion is relatively difficult to eliminate from the body. Here are seven ways you can naturally protect yourself against fluoride toxicity on a regular basis:
1) Tamarind. A tropical fruit tree native to eastern Africa, tamarind is a powerful weapon against fluoride toxicity. A 2002 study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that the sour, acidic fruit possesses a unique ability to capture and flush fluoride poisons from the body. In children, tamarind consumption was found to significantly increase the amount of fluoride excreted via the urine, as well as decrease the amount of magnesium and zinc excreted from the body. (http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v56/n1/full/1601287a.html)
Another study published in the journal Research in Veterinary Science in 2011 arrived at similar results, having found that extracts of tamarind fruit pulp helped prevent sodium fluoride from accumulating in the blood, urine, and bones of rats. Compared to rats not receiving tamarind, tamarind-fed rats had far lower concentrations of fluoride throughout their bodies, illustrating the powerful fluoride-cleansing benefits of tamarind. (http://science.naturalnews.com/pubmed/20980037.html)
2) Magnesium. If you regularly supplement with the mineral magnesium, or eat plenty of foods that are naturally rich in magnesium, chances are you have lower-than-average concentrations of fluoride in your body. This is due to magnesium's unique ability to block the absorption of fluoride into cells. Conversely, chronic exposure to fluoride via water, food, and other sources actually depletes the body of magnesium, which means magnesium supplementation is typically needed simply to maintain adequate levels of this important, cleansing nutrient. (http://www.fluoridationfacts.com)
3) Iodine. The cells throughout the body contain special receptors that are intended for iodine, but that become occupied instead by fluoride as a result of excess fluoride exposure. As a result, the body develops iodine deficiency, which can lead to thyroid disease, infertility, mental retardation, early mortality, and a host of other illnesses. Because of this, it is important to regularly supplement with a high-quality iodine supplement such a Lugol's or Detoxadine's Nascent Atomic Iodine. (http://www.vrp.com)
"Iodine intake immediately increases the excretion of bromide, fluoride, and some heavy metals including mercury and lead," explains Dr. Mark Sircus in a recent GreenMedInfo.com article. "Bromide and fluoride are not removed by any other chelator or detoxifying technique," he adds, noting how important iodine is for fluoride detoxification. (http://www.greenmedinfo.com)
4) Coffee enemas, liver cleanses. The liver is the body's repository for toxins, which means it is another common source of fluoride toxicity. Liver cleanses, and particularly coffee enemas, are important for chelating not only fluoride, but also other toxins and heavy metals that can build up in an overburdened liver and cause disease. HealthGuardians.com has created a helpful paper on coffee enemas and how to do them, which you can access here: http://www.healthguardians.com/pdf/THE%20COFFEE%20ENEMA%20NOW.pdf
5) Infrared sauna therapy. An increasingly popular natural method for eliminating toxins from the body, infrared sauna therapy is another approach you can take to excrete fluoride from your body. Infrared sauna therapy uses energy to penetrate bodily tissue and release bound-up toxins, which are then flushed out through the skin by resultant sweating. Among these expelled toxins are heavy metals, chemicals, viruses and pathogens, and fluoride. (http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm)
6) Vitamin C. Therapeutic doses of natural vitamin C, that is vitamin C obtained through food-based sources, is another way to flush fluoride from your system, especially when taken alongside non-GM (genetically-modified) soy or sunflower lecithin. Some of the best sources of natural vitamin C include camu camu berry and acerola cherry, and to a lesser extent citrus fruits, berries, and green vegetables. (http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm)
7) Fulvic acid. Naturally produced by soil-based microorganisms for the purpose of making minerals and other nutrients assimilable by plants, fulvic acid is one of nature's most powerful organic electrolytes. Fulvic acid works to achieve and maintain an appropriate chemical balance in cells, which includes ridding them of fluoride and other toxins. One of the most powerful free radical scavengers and antioxidants known to man, fulvic acid will not only help eliminate internal fluorides, but also replace them with trace minerals and other nutrients. (http://www.supremefulvic.com/documents/html/fulvic_acid.php)
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com