(NaturalNews) Herbs can soothe the coughs and pain of the flu. Taking these herbs daily during flu season can build immunity. Taking them when you have the ful can reduce the symptoms and even shorten the duration of your stay-at-home flu days. Herbs can reduce your fever, soothe a sore throat, and calm a stomach ache. Drink a few cups of herb tea daily to stave off and prevent the flu. Try some of the suggested herbs below for flu prevention and flu symptoms relief.
Herbal flu remedies
• Peppermint tea or extract can be inhaled to clear mucus from the nose. Peppermint tea also produces sweat and helps the body sweat out a fever, as well as reduce nasal congestion.
• Echinacea boosts immunity and can reduce the severity of symptoms of the flu. It is best taken daily during flu season, before you come down with the flu, to build a strong immune system.
• Elder flowers and elder berries have an antiviral as well as antibacterial function. Elder can also help break a fever.
• Garlic can help heal the lungs and build immunity. Garlic capsules can be purchased and taken daily to prevent the flu. Take care, because garlic has been shown to have interactions with some pharmaceutical drugs. Garlic can cause burping in some people. Another folk tradition is the use of garlic for ear aches. A fresh garlic clove, cut in half can be squeezed onto a large cotton ball and placed in the outer portion of the ear (like an ear plug) to relieve earaches.
• Boneset is another herb that can be used to treat fevers. It has been used by Native American traditional medicine for this. Its name comes from its abilty to quickly heal bones and mend fractures.
• Sage mouthwash treats the sore throats of a flu. Adding the extract to warm water or gargle with warm tea. Sage mouthwash is advised by the German Health Commission for treating sore throats.
• Chamomile tea has been used in medicine for thousands of years. It's great to treat congestion or an upset stomach during the flu. You can also inhale the steam from a cup of chamomile tea. It's also a good sleep aid, and can help induce sleep during the sleepless, restless time of the flu.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com