(NaturalNews) To illustrate just how utterly ridiculous the campaign fighting against the labeling of genetically-modified (GM) foods truly is, the group Food & Water Watch (FWW) has put together a mock public service announcement (PSA) featuring celebrities Danny DeVito, Dave Matthews, Emily Deschanel and a number of others that pokes fun at the complete non-arguments of the No on 37 campaign seeking to defeat California's Proposition 37 ballot measure to mandate the labeling of GMOs at the retail level.
Major food conglomerates like Coca-Cola and biotechnology companies like Monsanto have already collectively spent at least $35 million trying to convince Californians that GMO labeling will raise the cost of food, lead to more "shakedown" lawsuits, and conflict with "science." Such flimsy arguments are all the No on 37 campaign really has in its arsenal of tactics to defeat the measure, as there really are no valid reasons why Californians, or anyone else for the matter, should not be made fully aware of the contents of the foods they eat.
"What makes you think you have the right to know?" asks Danny DeVito, ironically scorning the biotechnology industry's position that consumers are basically too inconsequential and stupid to be made aware of the contents of their food. "Certain companies would lose a lot of money if you didn't buy their stuff," adds television host and comedian Bill Maher, alluding to the real reason why the No on 37 campaign wants to stop GMO labeling -- it will kill the GMO industry.
"While the parody of the food and pesticide companies' arguments in opposition to Prop. 37 is humorous, there really is nothing funny about the fact that Californians lack the most basic information about the food we eat," said FWW's Pacific Region Director Kristin Lynch about the issue. "We hope the fans of these popular artists share this video with everyone they know to spread the word about how important it is to vote yes on Prop. 37 to make GE labeling the law."
In the final weeks before election day on November 6, FWW and the Yes on 37 campaign are working to have this PSA aired throughout the state of California. But in order to do so, the campaign will need considerable amounts of cash, which the two groups are hoping to raise at the grassroots levels from willing donors.
As of this writing, the Yes on 37 campaign has reached just over 40 percent of its ultimate goal to register 1,000 donors, which means your help is needed during this final stretch to help fill the gap for the remaining 60 percent. Remember, GMO labeling in California will have a nationwide impact, as food manufacturers will likely be forced to either label all their foods as containing GMOs, or reformulate them without GMOs at the national level.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com