(NaturalNews) In the midst of an economy that's turning upside down, many people feel the loss of control and sovereignty in their communities and their lives. Many are concerned about where they can buy healthy food and other supplies and services without being pressured by large corporations whose interests differ from those of the individual. Others are worried about jobs disappearing, finances shrinking and a loss of human-to-human connections in the face of multinational indifference.
Buying local from independent businesses and with group purchasing power means providing local business support to neighborhood suppliers and using local resources to promote independent, sustainable communities. Buying local helps individuals become more self-sufficient and less dependent on large corporations.
Snubbing the system
Buying green and organic is important for broad range, long-term sustainability; furthermore, buying from local, independent business owners gives you a vested interest in your community. Here are 11 great reasons to keep your money and your focus on your neighborhood to rejuvenate life in the community.
1. Reduce your carbon footprint. A simple concept and one that allows you to travel less, spend less time on the road away from family, and spend less money on carbon fuels that create pollution and traffic congestion.
2. Stimulate the local economy. Buying local helps create jobs for those living next door to you and may even help create work for you. Local business support for independent businesses keeps money in the community and creates a domino effect that helps grow other local businesses.
3. Build local relationships. Buying local and using the power of group purchasing encourages the people involved to get to know one another and build relationships fostered on trust and friendship.
4. Establish local barter system. Buying local allows people to develop trust in one another because they get to know each other, leading to alternative ways of doing business -- such as setting up a barter system. Individuals and businesses are valued for their services and products and no money is necessary.
5. Benefit local non-profits and charities. When local businesses are supported by local buyers, the business owners are more inclined to donate to local charities, furthering the strength of the community.
6. Improved services. Buying local and supporting independent businesses fosters better service all around. When people know each other, they're more inclined to care and treat one another with respect. Business owners listen more closely to what their customers want when they know who they're dealing with.
7. Support community buying groups. Sustain the community by joining local marketing and other group efforts to invest in communities at home.
8. Buy fresher foods. Buying local allows you to buy what you need and shop whenever you like, taking home fresher foods made and grown on local farms and by local suppliers.
9. Keep taxes at home. Contributing to local communities allows tax money to be better utilized on necessary local projects, infusing prosperity into the community.
10. Create prosperity, personality and character in your community. Buying locally allows each community to develop uniquely in accordance with the needs of those living there. Satisfaction with your community increases property values and attracts like-minded neighbors for ongoing sustainability.
11. Increase personal satisfaction. Buying local makes you feel good inside. You meet new people, make friends, watch community members grow, prosper and create solutions that support a better way of life.
JB Bardot is an herbalist and a classical homeopath, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine. You can find her at The JB Bardot Archives at www.jbbardot.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jbbardot23 or on Twitter at jbbardot23 or https://twitter.com/jbbardot23
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com