(NaturalNews) Laugh lines are not funny. Nobody wants crows feet. But because of the sensitive nature of the skin around the eye, daily activities like squinting, laughing and rubbing lead to the eventual occurrence of fine lines around the eyes. While there may not be any avoiding them altogether, you can postpone and minimize them by maintaining the health of the under eye area.
There are many natural remedies that can diminish fine lines, and help keep the skin moisturized and supple. Organic ingredients do not have severe chemicals, and so do not have side-effects, making them safe and gentle on the sensitive eye area (http://www.ecogreen4us.com).
Homeopathic and herbal remedies
Taking care of the delicate skin around the eye is the name of the game. You already know to protect your face with organic sunscreen and sunglasses. In addition to getting enough water and rest, what you eat matters. You need a good diet, and good digestion, to have clear skin.
Certain antioxidants and vitamins are very good for the skin around the eye, so look for products with these ingredients - both internal and external products:
• Antioxidants are key: acai berry, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), pomegranate, resveratrol, sage, and rosemary, among others. Rivers from Livestrong says antioxidants decrease signs of aging and may promote new collagen production (http://www.livestrong.com).
• Vitamins to consider include vitamin A (in creams, look for the word retinoids), vitamin C, and DMAE.
• Silica is good for the kinds of cells we have in our hair, skin, nails. You can take homeopathic silicon (silicea 30C) or herbs such as horsetail and dulse.
• Tone and strengthen the skin with herbs - horsetail, rosemary.
• Homeopathic remedies and food for eye wrinkle treatments include nat mur (30C) (diluted table salt) to help maintain the body's water balance and kali sulf (30C) to nourish skin cells on the cellular level (http://www.ecogreen4us.com).
• Other helpful herbs include: spirulina for reducing scarring and fine lines, dandelion to naturally detox the skin and purify the blood, and alfalfa for its variety of nutrients.
• Avoid products with synthetic ingredients, harsh chemicals, and parabens. For however they may help, they will also hinder with the toxins they carry.
• Wash your face daily, especially before going to sleep so your eyes will feel fresh in the morning. This will help you to not rub them so much, which is not good for the elasticity.
• Choose a natural exfoliating wash with natural ingredients such as alpha hydroxy acids from milk, fruits, or sugar cane. This removes dead skin that may enhance the appearance of wrinkles.
• Apply a natural eye cream, with your ring or pinkie finger, twice daily for best results. Look for ingredients such as those listed above.
• You need vitamin D so let your face get some sun, early or late in the day for 20 minutes or so. Some studies also suggest that we need our eyes uncovered to trigger the mechanism that converts sunlight to vitamin D, so you may even go without the sunglasses for those same 20 minutes. Yet, anytime following, be sure to wear sunscreen with organic ingredients and sunglasses.
Our eyes and our faces reflect our health. Take good care of your self inside to look good outside: diet, rest, exercise, water, and you can age slowly and gracefully.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com