(NaturalNews) It's tough to criticize electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) because those who use them brag that they have eliminated most of the toxic chemicals found in commercial cigarettes, and that they're saving money and have cut back on how often they smoke. Plus, about one out of every three e-cig "fan" will tell you they quit smoking entirely thanks to e-cigs, and that's great, but what happened to the other 66%, and are things getting better or worse for them?
It is true that e-cigs have a better success rate for helping smokers quit than the nicotine patch, the gum, the medications (Chantix and Zyban), and hypnotherapy - all combined (American Journal of Preventive Medicine), but the ultimate irony is that e-cigs were never meant to be marketed as a quit smoking aid, according to the inventor, the Ruyan Group from Hong Kong. It just goes to show how brutally toxic the 4,000-chemical-concoction in commercial cigs has become that Big Tobacco has engineered over the past 50 years, and how happy smokers are to have some form of escape from the poisonous prison better known as "cancer sticks." People just want a way out, and e-cigs shine a little bit of light at the end of that tunnel.
E-cigs are tough for the FDA to regulate, mainly because they sink into a loophole, since they are not actually tobacco products, but simply nicotine delivery devices. But nicotine is a drug, insidiously powerful and capable of causing a lethal overdose (especially for kids and teens), unlike marijuana, so where's the logic? (http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/tobacco-addiction-nicotine)
The benefits and "safety" of e-cigs are quite misleading. There are 20 varieties of e-cigs that contain nitrosamines, the same carcinogen found in real cigarettes, and most e-juice (nicotine juice) cartridges contain diethylene glycol, the highly toxic poison found in antifreeze, which causes leukemia. Many e-cigs which claim to have no nicotine will contain some, and many of the levels of nicotine disclosed on the packages are completely wrong, so it's kind of a guessing game as to how much "drug" you're getting and which manufacturers actually know what they're doing when they "load them up."
Right now in America, e-cig devices are available in over 3,000 retail outlets, and all over the internet. They cost anywhere between $45 and $75, and sales have skyrocketed in the past year, exceeding $100 million.
The top 6 e-cig questions answered:
• Are e-cigs legal all over the world? Australia and Canada have banned e-cigs, classifying them as a tobacco product. Though the e-cig does not contain tobacco, those governments won't make the exception. As far as the U.S. is concerned, national border security is confiscating e-cigs, but there is no law banning their use yet. However, since they're quickly depleting Big Tobacco's profits, the FDA will likely step in very soon!
• What really happened to the guy in Florida who's e-cig blew up in his face, and was that a cheap version? Tom Holloway of Niceville, Florida, is still alive, but is missing half his tongue, all of his front teeth, and has permanent burn scars on his face. Contrary to what the "e-cig community" would like to believe, it was not some cheap version of an e-cig, but a faulty, over-charged lithium battery which caused the life-threatening explosion.
• What are the side effects of nicotine? Nicotine by itself causes an increased heart rate, heightened blood pressure, narrowing of blood vessels (leads to heart attacks and strokes), gastrointestinal problems, depression, mood swings, sleep disturbances, headaches, loss of sex drive, insulin resistance, and vision problems.
• How do you quit nicotine forever, one of the most addictive drugs in the world (running a close third behind heroin and cocaine)? The physical addiction is actually broken in 3 to 4 days, but the cravings for the feelings that nicotine brings can take weeks, months, or even years to break, without the proper nutritional and herbal replacement and replenishment supplements (explained further in 14AndOut* description below).
• How are the stop smoking pills like Chantix and Zyban dangerous? These pharmaceutical toxins not only block nicotine receptors in the brain, but also block naturally occurring dopamine, so the patient suffers from heightened depression and anxiety, which fuels feelings of suicide and can even lead the patient to commit suicide (http://abcnews.go.com).
• How is 14AndOut* different from other cessation programs like the patch, the pills, gum, e-cigs and hypnotherapy; and where did the name 14AndOut come from? 14AndOut addresses the chemical addiction, behavioral patterns and rituals, and nutritional guidance so desperately needed to quit smoking for good. If you feel incarcerated by the nicotine addiction, you now have the key to free yourself from your nicotine cell. Check out 14AndOut, the most inexpensive, comprehensive method to stop smoking in 14 days or less, and it comes highly recommended by The Health Ranger himself: http://premium.naturalnews.tv/14AndOut__TV.htm.
The e-cig hangover
What most smokers don't realize is that nicotine creates its own vicious cycle of need and feed. Nicotine is a depressant in the long term, but serves as a short term stimulant, so it actually relieves the smoker of the very feeling it created, which has quickly worn off from the last smoking session. In other words, a few nicotine drags are like taking aspirin for an alcohol hangover, except most smokers engage in this "hangover relief system" about every hour. It's a hook and an evil drug from which the body wants to escape. Go from e-cigs to no-cigs as soon as possible and you're body will reward you with natural energy and true happiness.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com