(NaturalNews) In a recorded interview now posted on NaturalNews.com, Institute for Responsible Technology director Jeffrey Smith updates listeners with the latest developments on the GMO front. He also says significant victories against GMOs are within our reach, but powerful grassroots support is needed to defeat the biotech industry once and for all.
• We have created a huge buzz about GMOs that is unprecedented.
• There are many early signs of victories that we're winning the war against GMOs: Supermarket News says that consumer awareness about http://www.naturalnews.com/GMOs.html>GMOs is surging and could equal the level of awareness about trans fats.
• GMOs will soon become a "marketing liability" in the USA, causing companies to announce they are dropping GMOs.
• Education and awareness about GMOs is exploding across North America. Parents, company CEOs, farmers, health food store employees and others are becoming well informed about the dangers of GMOs.
• Public awareness of the dangers of GMOs is skyrocketing, and an increasing number of consumers are actively taking steps to avoid GMOs.
• GMOs were the No. 1 issue talked about at the recent Expo East (Natural Products Expo). It was "over the top," says Jeffrey, meaning that all the http://www.naturalnews.com/natural.html>natural food companies are talking about this issue.
• 5,500 products have now been enrolled in the Non-GMO Project! (www.NonGMOproject.org)
• Natural health retailers are starting a revolution against GMOs.
• "Non-GMO" is the fastest-growing label claim in the natural products industry.
• Grocery retailers also realize that a non-GMO revolution is fast accelerating in America.
• Why the biotech industry attempts to destroy the credibility of anti-GMO activists by spreading disinformation across the internet.
• The IRT has taught 700 people how to speak on GMOs through full-day seminars and webinars. Knowledge is spreading!
• Why GMOs are an environmental issue -- gene pool contamination among food crops.
• How genetically engineered crops are resulting in the formation of mutant superweeds which need even more chemicals to eradicate than regular weeds.
• People who are exposed to Roundup have higher rates of birth defects, and Roundup persists in the environment for far longer than previously thought.
• Why GMOs and the use of Roundup herbicides may even be linked to flooding by killing off soil microorganisms and resulting in compacted soils that fail to absorb rainwater like healthy soils do.
• 93% of pregnant women tested had BT insecticide circulating in their own blood.
• Animals that have grazed on BT cotton plants have died in huge numbers.
NaturalNews pledges $15,000 in matching funds to the IRT
In support of the effort to end the devastation and destruction of GMOs, NaturalNews is pledging $15,000 in matching funds for donations made to the IRT during the month of October, 2011.
Help support the fight to end GMOs in America! Make a donation to the IRT at: www.ResponsibleTechnology.org/friends
And remember, NaturalNews will match every dollar of your donation, dollar for dollar, up to $15,000 total. Watch for more news this week about this fundraising effort for the IRT, and please help support their fight to further increase public awareness about GMOs and ultimately end this assault on the genetic integrity of U.S. agriculture.
Listen to the full interview with Jeffrey Smith at: http://www.naturalnews.com/files/GMO-update-Jeffrey-Smith.mp3
Your NaturalNews.TV video could be here.
Upload your own videos at NaturalNews.TV (FREE)
About the author: Mike Adams is a consumer health advocate and award-winning journalist with a strong interest in personal health, the environment and the power of nature to help us all heal He has authored and published thousands of articles, interviews, consumers guides, and books on topics like health and the environment, and he has authored and published several downloadable personal preparedness courses including a downloadable course focused on safety and self defense. Adams is an independent journalist with strong ethics who does not get paid to write articles about any product or company. In 2010, Adams co-founded NaturalNews.com, a natural health video sharing site that has now grown in popularity. He also launched an online retailer of environmentally-friendly products (BetterLifeGoods.com) and uses a portion of its profits to help fund non-profit endeavors. He's also the founder of a well known HTML email software company whose 'Email Marketing Director' software currently runs the NaturalNews subscription database. Adams volunteers his time to serve as the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and regularly pursues cycling, nature photography, Capoeira and Pilates. Known on the 'net as 'the Health Ranger,' Adams shares his ethics, mission statements and personal health statistics at www.HealthRanger.org
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com