(NaturalNews) This is a NaturalNews preparedness alert. Hurricane Irene is now headed directly toward New York City, where it could arrive on Sunday in an event now being described as "the worst effects from a hurricane in the region in 50 years." (http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/...)
Irene is currently in course to strike North Carolina Saturday evening, then continue northward to the New York City area. Accuweather is currently reporting, "Such a path would lead to severe impacts that could prompt officials to force evacuations. All residents and visitors in the path of Irene should heed these orders if issued and prepare homes and businesses for Irene's onslaught in the meantime."
NaturalNews has long urged its readers to prepare for the unexpected, so here's a list of some last-minute preparations you need to making right now if you live on the East Coast of the USA:
Things you can do to prepare right now
• Fill up your car with gas. Do it early.
• Get some extra cash now, before the storm hits. Bank ATMs may be down and non-functional, and you may need cash to purchase fuel, supplies or even food.
• Start storing extra water, using whatever clean containers you have handy. Remember, you need roughly 4 gallons of water per person, per day, to cover for possible water outages. If you can't store the water, go out and BUY the water now, before the crowds hit the stores.
• Get out your water filter and make sure you know how to use it. What? You don't have a water filter? It's kinda too late, since ordering one right now means it probably won't get to you in time. But you could conceivably order one on Amazon.com and opt for Saturday delivery, if you're willing to pay the extra charge. NaturalNews recommends Katadyn water filters with ceramic elements. We sell them at the NaturalNews store, but if you order there, they won't be shipped to you in time for this storm: http://store.naturalnews.com/index.php?main_...
• Double check your stored food supplies: Do you have stored food? Do you have a non-electric can opener? Do you have a way to boil water and make soup without using the city's electricity or natural gas? Double check all your supplies right now.
• Do you have an emergency LED flashlight? Are the batteries fresh? Do you have a good pocket knife or utility knife? Do you have a hand-cranked emergency radio so you can tune in to the weather reports and find out what's going on?
• If there is a breakdown of police protection in your area, do you have the means to protect yourself from looters? Can you prevent your front door from being kicked in? Do you have pepper spray, a legal firearm, or some other self defense item in case of an emergency? Is your family trained on staying safe and not opening the door for strangers until you can confirm they are not looters?
• Where is your emergency first aid kit? Do you have emergency medicine for wound care and to help stop the bleeding of acute wounds? Do you have sutures and topical antiseptics? Do you even KNOW how to suture a wound?
• Do you have A PLAN for how to deal with electrical outages? What's your plan if 911 emergency services is not responding for several days?
This is the time to consider all these things and make sure you are prepared to the best of your ability.
NaturalNews Preparedness Solutions
NaturalNews, as you may know, offers several extremely informative preparedness solutions that you can download now (and listen to the MP3 files).
We offer a fantastic course on Food Security that also covers water storage, water filtration, protecting your food, cooking and heating food and many other important topics of emergency preparedness.
We also have a preparedness course coming soon from Daniel Vitalis (www.Surthrival.com) which will be posted in a combination video / audio format, but it is not available before this hurricane hits, unfortunately. I'll be working on getting this course uploaded as soon as possible, however, because it seems we may all need it sooner than we think.
The NaturalNews Store offers storable superfoods in air-tight steel cans, suitable for long-term storage. Again, these won't reach you before the hurricane hits, but it's something to consider for long-term food security: http://store.naturalnews.com/index.php?main_...
You can also stock up on some locally-available short-term storable foods such as canned foods (but they contain BPA), dried pasta (you'll need water and heat to boil it), bread and butter and even peanut butter, which is one of the best emergency foods around. Also, if you can get it, grab some coconut oil from your local health food store. It's one of the best sources of emergency calories you'll ever find (that's a tip from Daniel Vitalis).
Stay safe, folks. This storm will soon pass, and we want everyone to ride it out with confidence, not fear.
Your NaturalNews.TV video could be here.
Upload your own videos at NaturalNews.TV (FREE)
About the author:
Mike Adams (aka the "Health Ranger") is the founding editor of NaturalNews.com, the internet's No. 1 natural health news website, now reaching 7 million unique readers a month.
With a background in science and software technology, Adams is the original founder of the email newsletter technology company known as Arial Software. Using his technical experience combined with his love for natural health, Adams developed and deployed the content management system currently driving NaturalNews.com. He also engineered the high-level statistical algorithms that power SCIENCE.naturalnews.com, a massive research resource now featuring over 10 million scientific studies.
In addition to being the co-star of the popular GAIAM TV series called Secrets to Health, Adams is also the (non-paid) executive director of the non-profit Consumer Wellness Center (CWC), an organization that redirects 100% of its donations receipts to grant programs that teach children and women how to grow their own food or vastly improve their nutrition. Click here to see some of the CWC success stories.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com