Irene is currently in course to strike North Carolina Saturday evening, then continue northward to the New York City area. Accuweather is currently reporting, "Such a path would lead to severe impacts that could prompt officials to force evacuations. All residents and visitors in the path of Irene should heed these orders if issued and prepare homes and businesses for Irene's onslaught in the meantime."
NaturalNews has long urged its readers to prepare for the unexpected, so here's a list of some last-minute preparations you need to making right now if you live on the East Coast of the USA:
Things you can do to prepare right now
• Fill up your car with gas. Do it early.
• Get some extra cash now, before the storm hits. Bank ATMs may be down and non-functional, and you may need cash to purchase fuel, supplies or even food.
• Start storing extra water, using whatever clean containers you have handy. Remember, you need roughly 4 gallons of water per person, per day, to cover for possible water outages. If you can't store the water, go out and BUY the water now, before the crowds hit the stores.
• Get out your water filter and make sure you know how to use it. What? You don't have a water filter? It's kinda too late, since ordering one right now means it probably won't get to you in time. But you could conceivably order one on Amazon.com and opt for Saturday delivery, if you're willing to pay the extra charge. NaturalNews recommends Katadyn water filters with ceramic elements. We sell them at the NaturalNews store, but if you order there, they won't be shipped to you in time for this storm: http://store.naturalnews.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=329
• Double check your stored food supplies: Do you have stored food? Do you have a non-electric can opener? Do you have a way to boil water and make soup without using the city's electricity or natural gas? Double check all your supplies right now.
• Do you have an emergency LED flashlight? Are the batteries fresh? Do you have a good pocket knife or utility knife? Do you have a hand-cranked emergency radio so you can tune in to the weather reports and find out what's going on?
• If there is a breakdown of police protection in your area, do you have the means to protect yourself from looters? Can you prevent your front door from being kicked in? Do you have pepper spray, a legal firearm, or some other self defense item in case of an emergency? Is your family trained on staying safe and not opening the door for strangers until you can confirm they are not looters?
• Where is your emergency first aid kit? Do you have emergency medicine for wound care and to help stop the bleeding of acute wounds? Do you have sutures and topical antiseptics? Do you even KNOW how to suture a wound?
• Do you have A PLAN for how to deal with electrical outages? What's your plan if 911 emergency services is not responding for several days?
This is the time to consider all these things and make sure you are prepared to the best of your ability.
NaturalNews Preparedness Solutions
NaturalNews, as you may know, offers several extremely informative preparedness solutions that you can download now (and listen to the MP3 files).
We offer a fantastic course on Food Security that also covers water storage, water filtration, protecting your food, cooking and heating food and many other important topics of emergency preparedness.
We also have a preparedness course coming soon from Daniel Vitalis (www.Surthrival.com) which will be posted in a combination video / audio format, but it is not available before this hurricane hits, unfortunately. I'll be working on getting this course uploaded as soon as possible, however, because it seems we may all need it sooner than we think.
You can also stock up on some locally-available short-term storable foods such as canned foods (but they contain BPA), dried pasta (you'll need water and heat to boil it), bread and butter and even peanut butter, which is one of the best emergency foods around. Also, if you can get it, grab some coconut oil from your local health food store. It's one of the best sources of emergency calories you'll ever find (that's a tip from Daniel Vitalis).
Stay safe, folks. This storm will soon pass, and we want everyone to ride it out with confidence, not fear.
Your NaturalNews.TV video could be here.
Upload your own videos at NaturalNews.TV (FREE)
About the author: Mike Adams is an award-winning journalist and holistic nutritionist with a strong interest in personal health, the environment and the power of nature to help us all heal He is a prolific writer and has published thousands of articles, interviews, reports and consumer guides, and he has created several downloadable courses on survival and preparedness, including his widely-downloaded course on personal safety and self-defense. Adams is an independent journalist with strong ethics who does not get paid to write articles about any product or company. In mid 2010, Adams produced TV.NaturalNews.com, a natural health video sharing website offering user-generated videos on nutrition, green living, fitness and more. He also founded an environmentally-friendly online retailer called BetterLifeGoods.com that uses retail profits to help support consumer advocacy programs. He's also the founder of a well known HTML email software company whose 'Email Marketing Director' software currently runs the NaturalNews subscription database. Adams volunteers his time to serve as the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and enjoys outdoor activities, nature photography, Pilates and martial arts training. He's also author of numerous health books published by Truth Publishing and is the creator of several consumer-oriented grassroots campaigns, including the Spam. Don't Buy It! campaign, and the free downloadable Honest Food Guide. He also created the free reference sites HerbReference.com and HealingFoodReference.com. Adams believes in free speech, free access to nutritional supplements and the ending of corporate control over medicines, genes and seeds. Known on the 'net as 'the Health Ranger,' Adams shares his ethics, mission statements and personal health statistics at www.HealthRanger.org
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com